FUTURE RIMS

VICE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with diamond plate flooring? So I'm starting to realize they might just NOT work, not because everyone is hating on them but cuss of the size and specs of rims that I had in mind and I don't want taller wheels.. Edited by VICE

diamond plate floor mats are never cool, and i mean never. diamond plate as an accent is ugly as sin imho. It has its uses, but definitely not in a car. And were not just "hating" on the size, were "hating" because you have a terrible sense of style and are attempting to ruin a perfectly good car.

You can buy what you want but Im just trying to figure out why you would want to go smaller AND much heavier. I contacted Diamond Racing about some of their steel wheels (they have mad concave) and the guy told me flat out that anything in the sizes I was looking for would be so heavy it wouldnt make any sense for street driving. What are the weights for those?

yeah I got to throw some hate on these to. Heck if you want something like that buy the chrom 5 stars I have. They were made in the 80's for the car.

Actuly I would definaly consider a trade for your SHP's

Edited by jszucs

I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!

on one hand you want 295's so you can "launch" but, at the same time, you want to but heavy wheels, which will SLOW your car down. you just aren't making sense.

and you dont' need 295's to launch. hell, stock 245's are PLENTY of traction for most SQ's, especially if you are running a high grip tire.

and those 'vision wheel' you posted, 17X9 with a O offset would be your closest to a good fit. but those wheels look like garbage and there's no weight given so they are probably cheap cast aluminum with heavy plating and will DEFINITELY weight more than you stock wheels.

getting your wheels polished shouldnt be less than 100 per wheel. christ, i spent $30 on a buffing kit from standard abresives and just used my air grinder and a few hours to make my stock wheels shine.

i honestly feel that either this thread is a joke, or, you've somehow learned the worst taste in car mods and have no idea what this culture, especially this community of cars, is really all about.

Edited by patra_is_here

I'm looking into Chroming the SHP's out... Cuss Aluminum wheels in chrome plus tires and all will cost more than $800 or around that so maybe I won't get my moneys worth for the SHP's and I know how hard they are to find.. They ARE polished but I like Chrome better it shines more and it is much easier to keep looking good. All and all I think I SHOULD stay with my SHP's after all... :winking0013: Edited by VICE

I say put what you want on your car its your car. You let these guys walk all over you. But at the same time the wheels you have look great and i dont quite understand the need to swap em. SHP's polished look awesome and thats what you got.

I say put what you want on your car its your car. You let these guys walk all over you. But at the same time the wheels you have look great and i dont quite understand the need to swap em. SHP's polished look awesome and thats what you got.

Thank you for being sympathetic, some of these guys opinions came straight out of their anus and then again some had good points to state. I just want a change I suppose I mean I definitely like Chrome better than polish and I don't want a taller rim.. Also did not want to spend any out of pocket money thats why I was thinking about those cheap Cragars but obviously a bad choice :lightingzapA: in weight and performance wise, what I really need to focus on is a better turbo..

yeah. a well polished aluminum wheel will look really close to being as shiny as chrome.

It'll come close but no cigar compared to Chrome plus U actually need to polish the hell out of em to get that shine goin on constantly.. I've been browsing Diamond Racing Wheels and they say they are lightweight, like 20-22 pounds for a 15x10 rim and like 16-18 pounds for 15x8's.. And they are under $100 a rim great prices. But those are STEEL too arent they?

• 2 weeks later...

Imma call them on monday and find out some more info on what they have available.. They might just work if they don't stick out the fender..

if you find work wheels that i bought the whole car from stockton california on ebay they are 8/1/2 by 17 10 ofset for front 235/45/17 and 9/1/2 by 17 ofset 0 255/40/17 rear the wheel is three piece he station in japan may be someone want to sell there wheels or the whole car on ebay no spacers. Edited by sonnyn

• 2 weeks later...
soo ewweeee! :)

• 11 months later...

The Rims are finally in and mounted! They are everything I was expecting I am psyched! :lol: Can't wait to see the car on the ground!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/TJw62K0fx1I/AAAAAAAACDc/DFRLuwdlFiY/s800/DSC00602.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/TJw622TYqLI/AAAAAAAACDg/RCR_4dQwUEI/s800/DSC00603.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/TJw63gsZebI/AAAAAAAACDk/snfJKcoEqqU/s800/DSC00605.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_hllfg0A_1bY/TJw66BSMxYI/AAAAAAAACDw/KTUgYTLZWQM/s800/DSC00614.JPG

LoL About a year later I finally got the rims I wanted and sold the polished SHP's for $400 --Diamond racing took 2 weeks to make these wheels and only 3 days for delivery at $20 a wheel. Riding on brand new Kumho Ecstas 225 50 15 all around, the rear deep dish looks sweet -12 offset on rears and +12 on fronts, 15x8 Chrome plated Steel wheels weighing at about 22 pounds a piece. Outer tie rods seem to just barely touch the wheel on both sides and will be dremeled lightly.

Edited by VICE