721 hp conquest video

eipquest

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet car and nice numbers but listen to how long it took that turbo to hit full boost. It doesn't start making any considerable horsepower or torque until about 5500 to 6000 rpm. If you look at the dyno graph it has a hellatious spike when the turbo comes on at about 5000 rpm but all the power comes within about a 1500 rpm range and its a standard car. If he could shift it and somehow keep it between 5800 and 7000 rpm I guess it would be ok but if he gets it off boost and the rpm's drop below 5500 you'd put a hurtin on him with your 300 hp daily driver.

If all your looking for is a car that has the most peak horsepower on the dyno then he would win about every time. If you actually wanted a drag car that can get to the finish line first I don't think he'd win very often with that standard shift trans.

If he has 2500 rpm worth of full boost, he's on the same level as me, and I bet when that turbo's making 5 psi at 4000 rpm (or whatever) and WOT, it's making nearly 300whp. All I want to know is about the head. Everything else is a given.

What headstuds, cam/valve combo, porting? I assume it's o-ringed. Nice big turbo too. I'm going to go get the headphones now so that I can listen to it. :)

Headstuds are made from the used plutonium rods off a russian nuclear submarine..

Thats not a turbo its a turbine jet engine form an SR71 BlackBird

His pistons are made from an unknown substance drawn from the depths of outer space from a long forgotten world, he tried diamonds but they are to fragile.

Hope this helps you out Andrew...

~Roberto

Joe Rivera made 512 or 515 lb ft of torque with his 2.6 and it was basically a stock head with my custom cam in it running a Magna intake and GT35R. If you can get an engine that has a nice broad torque curve its a lot better than something that has a wicked tq and hp peak like that. Now if he put an auto trans in that car with about a 5500 or 6000 stall converter that thing would be bad a$$..

I wouldn't think it would spool any better or faster at a lower boost and even if it did make 300 hp at 5psi the hp number would still be way up in the rpm range.

Well. Torque is nice, but you'll notice the fast cars are always making more hp than torque. You give up tq to make more hp, and HP gives you that top end power for good MPH. ET seems (to me) to be done mostly on the small end of the track.

That car has already made 9 sec passes and runs a richmond gearbox. It came out of the same builld with rob's blue 10sec car. Notice the manifold. Its funny watching a guy with a 9 sec car get told how it is by a bunch of people yet to get near that time zone. You people amaze me. Edited by phinko

That car has already made 9 sec passes and runs a richmond gearbox. It came out of the same builld with rob's blue 10sec car. Notice the manifold. Its funny watching a guy with a 9 sec car get told how it is by a bunch of people yet to get near that time zone. You people amaze me.

I don't know who you're talking to exactly, but conversation never hurt anyone, and I'm trying to find out some facts about the dude's engine. If you know what cam, head, and related head stuff he's got, the by all means share it, since the OP probably won't ever post here again.

And you're darn right I amaze you. All the ladies say the same, so I'm not surprised you did too.

I don't know who you're talking to exactly, but conversation never hurt anyone, and I'm trying to find out some facts about the dude's engine. If you know what cam, head, and related head stuff he's got, the by all means share it, since the OP probably won't ever post here again.

And you're darn right I amaze you. All the ladies say the same, so I'm not surprised you did too.

I don't think he was talking to you, I think that post was aimed at someone else.

That car has already made 9 sec passes and runs a richmond gearbox. It came out of the same builld with rob's blue 10sec car. Notice the manifold. Its funny watching a guy with a 9 sec car get told how it is by a bunch of people yet to get near that time zone. You people amaze me.

What amazes me is someone assuming that he knows what someone else knows, has and runs with their car. Just because I don't have it doesn't mean I haven't built it. I wasn't putting down his ride I was just stating the obvious from his dyno sheet. Chill out....

these guys know what they're doing and what it takes to build a stupid quick G54

original poster owns the quickest 2.6 street starquest detailed here, by far

not the 1st lap around the block for the red car either

Well. Torque is nice, but you'll notice the fast cars are always making more hp than torque. You give up tq to make more hp, and HP gives you that top end power for good MPH. ET seems (to me) to be done mostly on the small end of the track.

all of the quicker street car ETs here, G54 peaked more ft-lbs tq than hp

ET is a sprint. MPH is consolation talk, as is pk hp good 4 conversation.

Sweet car and nice numbers but listen to how long it took that turbo to hit full boost. It doesn't start making any considerable horsepower or torque until about 5500 to 6000 rpm. If you look at the dyno graph it has a hellatious spike when the turbo comes on at about 5000 rpm but all the power comes within about a 1500 rpm range and its a standard car. If he could shift it and somehow keep it between 5800 and 7000 rpm I guess it would be ok but if he gets it off boost and the rpm's drop below 5500 you'd put a hurtin on him with your 300 hp daily driver.

If all your looking for is a car that has the most peak horsepower on the dyno then he would win about every time. If you actually wanted a drag car that can get to the finish line first I don't think he'd win very often with that standard shift trans.

just for fyi the car gets shifted at 7500 and it does not fall out of boost in between gears, the cars ratios are set up just fine to run low low 9's all day long with no problems, this car is no dyno queen so bring on your 300hp 400hp and 500hp cars if you even got one.

If he has 2500 rpm worth of full boost, he's on the same level as me, and I bet when that turbo's making 5 psi at 4000 rpm (or whatever) and WOT, it's making nearly 300whp. All I want to know is about the head. Everything else is a given.

everthing isn't a given or you would have already produced these kind of numbers, and the car is no were on the same level as yours

thanks dude, your the only one who seems to get that!! what these guys are missing is that that car has a stand alone engine management system and i can use nitrous or zero advance to get this thing out of the hole. the car has plenty of torque the car pulles the wheels off the ground with 1.3sec 60ft.

Edited by rank

thanks dude, your the only one who seems to get that!! what these guys are missing is that that car has a stand alone engine management system and i can use nitrous or zero advance to get this thing out of the hole. the car has plenty of torque the car pulles the wheels off the ground with 1.3sec 60ft.

hey chris dont get yourself sucked in to the whole wanta be section of the forums, the people who know you and rob,and the late eip and your cars, knows what theyre capable of, and the level of proformance they stand at. congrats again charlie

Chris, after you called me yesterday I checked out the video. Nice numbers! Looks like an 8sec. quest. Thanks for the info on the bolts. I let you know how it turns out when I get it to the track. Oh! Keep the car. :nxsmile:

come on guys , some of you have no real need of these car forums, you know what your doing but for the other 90 % most have no idea what their doing or how to get their car runing , and thats why we are here , to help those that need help , and posibly to help teach them the proper way to trouble shoot a problem in such a way as to lead them to the easiest and cheapest way to keep their car runing

far to many just throw money at the problem and never find the problem or run out of money befor they get it runing

few of them are long time experiance'd wrenches let alone semi-pro drag racers

and a great many can't seem to understand that building a drag car and a street car for fun have little in common

:) let me ask some thing ,whats harder building an engine that will last 200k miles or one that will dyno 500 hp , building the 200k engine is much harder .

building the 500hp machine comes only after you know how to do the long lasting engine if you want to do it the right way

the main reason we are here is to help those that need help,,those that don't need help

are smart enought to understand that t he info given is not for them they already know it and more

show caseing these special cars is great it helps show the rest of the car world that the Conquest is not dead and still alive , in fact more alive then it ever was , it's not thru

growing but just now comeing into it's own

and we're greatfull for the owners and builders takeing the time to stop by and share their cars with us , so take any na saying with a grain of salt and let it slide

any info as to workable timeing maps and fuel maps is greatly appreate'd , but not likely to be given after all raceing is raceing and no one gives the other guy the info that will make him beat you when it comes to the money runs , and that perfictly understandable

just an old man that has spent 15yrs whatching the tree come down and yes i have driven 9 sec cars , and punch'd the gas petal on 1100 horses ,and spent over 40 years makeing cars run not always for the drag strip tho , but i did manage to learn a thing or two ;) and even try'd passing a little of that learning on , but not to make a drag car more to help guys learn how to first make one run , the drag stuff they will learn later :)