17" wheels OEM look

on4now4

Would they be polished aluminum? It would be tough to get the $ right now but I would be down to save money on rubber.

they will be polished and the inside section will probably be powder coated just like the oem maybe a different color. i will try to get some more details on these this weekend but the company that said they were goning to be able to do it may not be, we shall see.

On4now4: my fear is that the cooling vents you have in the 2nd cad drawing would weaken the spokes too much causing catastrophic failures and wrecks. not something you want to risk.

If you run some vent tubing from the the smaller holes in the airdam and aim them at the brakes, that should provide adequate cooling for the rotors on a track day.

something like this:

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/miscellaneous/more-kr-goodies/10099499%20cr1%20re0%20ar1/gt500kr-brake-cooling-ducts.jpg

Edited by Zack_Morris

On4now4: my fear is that the cooling vents you have in the 2nd cad drawing would weaken the spokes too much causing catastrophic failures and wrecks. not something you want to risk.

If you run some vent tubing from the the smaller holes in the airdam and aim them at the brakes, that should provide adequate cooling for the rotors on a track day.

something like this:

http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/miscellaneous/more-kr-goodies/10099499%20cr1%20re0%20ar1/gt500kr-brake-cooling-ducts.jpg

we decided that it will just be a oem style no cooling beyond what is stock

also i like that idea i will rig something up for the next time i take it to the track

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this, but my job sent me to Australia for a while. I now have in my possession 4 new 17" original look Conquest rims. They are currently 17x10 & 17 x9, but once I try them with tires on, this may alter a little. My plan is to run 255-45-17 rears and 225-40-17 front. I did try a rear with used tyre I got from the tyre shop and it looked like it would be the idel fit with just the right amount of suspension and body clearance and yet filing out the guards nicely. I haven't really got a lot of money for tires at the moment having paid for all the wheel development, but I will post pictures of the wheels themselves this week and work on getting some tires on so I can photograph them on a car.

I will also do a weight for them.

Drive with a smile on your face!

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this, but my job sent me to Australia for a while. I now have in my possession 4 new 17" original look Conquest rims. They are currently 17x10 & 17 x9, but once I try them with tires on, this may alter a little. My plan is to run 255-45-17 rears and 225-40-17 front. I did try a rear with used tyre I got from the tyre shop and it looked like it would be the idel fit with just the right amount of suspension and body clearance and yet filing out the guards nicely. I haven't really got a lot of money for tires at the moment having paid for all the wheel development, but I will post pictures of the wheels themselves this week and work on getting some tires on so I can photograph them on a car.

I will also do a weight for them.

Drive with a smile on your face!

oh my.....awaiting pics :)

Hi. I have taken pictures of the rims. I got the tire profile wrong on my last post, just a typo. It should have read 225-45-17 front and 255-40-17 rear as these are both the same diameter as the stock tire and thus retains the speedo accuracy. Also the front now I measure them are 8.5" wide not 9". Sooo.. the weights are approximately 7.5kg (16.5lbs) each. I say approximately because they were measured on my old rotary dial bathroom scales.

The approximate distance from the wheel mounting face to the inner bead at both ends of the car is now 125mm (5") up from 100mm(4") on the stock rim. I did this using a couple of rulers and guessing at the material thickness.

I definitely nedto try the fronts and check for tire clearance to the strut before having themmade this size. They may have to shrink 1/2". I must say they really look good on the car, like it really means business.

Anyway, have alook at the pictures I have and tell me what you think. :thumbsup:

post-7347-1249200634_thumb.jpg

Props to you for actually getting it done! :ylsuper: What are the offsets? Can you get them custom? You should put up a thread on Zilvia, a TON of those guys would jump all over this. What part of TN are you in by the way?