Vegas Nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can commit too. I have missed out on many vacation opportunities including this last Branson meet. I have about 320 hours of vacation which equals to 10 weeks on a 32 hour work week. I hope I still have a job and that we are back to 40 by then!

I will make it my goal to drive the CBRII car there.

I could have went to Branson if I put my foot down about it, but I found it is better to pick my battles. One year is plenty of time to schedule the trip. Let us know when, so we can all start the serious planning.

The CBRII only needs a head replacement since it is now mysteriously losing coolant after it got a little hot. It didn't overheat, but the head was cracked before. It pressure tested fine before, so we used it for the bare bones rebuild I did. When it ran hot, the crack must have went the rest of the way. I have a new Clearwater head to go on it.

The car needs a lot of other work, but mostly cosmetic.

It is a 9 hour drive to Vegas for me if traveling the speed limit the entire way, including a stop or two to eat, get gas, etc...

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip is going to be ordained? Holy sheep sheet.

Im in for sure. My wife wants to go to Vegas so bad. CHip and Tim, you guys know we got your backs. You've always been good to me even when I've been a douche in the past. I'm trying to get hold of the local SQ peepz and plant a bug in their ears.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I will do all I can to get this to happen.

Although I am already working on a killer meet for us SQers in 2012. Loveland will be the venue and you all will want to be here. It will be in conjunction with the Good guys classic car club. They host their national meet here every year. Awesome venue too. You can see pic at www.good-guys.com

Just looking into it right now though.

That better include some Track time at Red Rocks Raceway. That place is nice.

I'd drive the Palermo Gray wonder over for it. After being hands on with Denton 2005, Grand Rapids 2007, and Branson 2009, the thought of going to a meet where I don't have to work is a tempting one.

Of course, I don't mind giving you guys tips.......but I got one day to get good and schlitzed at this one. I'd like to have a time somewhere between where I was, and where P-Dog wound up.

LOLO

Tim

Maybe Jackie Chan thinks the same way.....SOME ONE HIT HIM UP.

:hmm3grin2orange:

funny you say that I am trying to locate contact info...heck why not worst that could happen is he says no

Fux yah lets get Jackie out here. It's Vegas I'm sure he will show, and if anyone can get Jackie's contact info it would be Roberto.

Got his agents address and phone number...also got his mailing address in Hong Kong....

When we get the date down I will try.....Shoot why not...

Got his agents address and phone number...also got his mailing address in Hong Kong....

When we get the date down I will try.....Shoot why not...

Let me know if you need or want help composing that message. It sure is a long shot but well worth the effort with Tim bringing the CBR car. He might just feel all nostalgic and bring his gold plated starion to the meet.

Let me know if you need or want help composing that message. It sure is a long shot but well worth the effort with Tim bringing the CBR car. He might just feel all nostalgic and bring his gold plated starion to the meet.

Thanks Chip I will keep that in mind..as we get a little more finalized on this...

~Roberto

Oh Snap.....grrrrrrrrrrr

Alright then end of Sept you say..

Sept still on the toasty side here, even for the locals to handle, you got to think about the guy with no a/c sweating his nards off and overheating trying to get here,again, the months of Oct and Nov would be my choice and leaning more on the November side.

Get some pics of the CBR2 car ready to send with the invitation letter to JC...

Hey, might invite Jaws from Bond too(The driver of the CBR2 car)!! I've seen in him a Korean movie... LMAO... was pretty damn funny.

I don't know if I can comprehend how awesome it'd be to have these guys attend, I mean on top of meeting you bums of course.

-Robert

Sept still on the toasty side here, even for the locals to handle, you got to think about the guy with no a/c sweating his nards off and overheating trying to get here,again, the months of Oct and Nov would be my choice and leaning more on the November side.

Only issue is Colorado usually gets snow on the passes by November and I-70 goes right through it...

I-80 can be worse too..

Mid October perhaps?

Get some pics of the CBR2 car ready to send with the invitation letter to JC...

Hey, might invite Jaws from Bond too(The driver of the CBR2 car)!! I've seen in him a Korean movie... LMAO... was pretty damn funny.

I don't know if I can comprehend how awesome it'd be to have these guys attend, I mean on top of meeting you bums of course.

-Robert

I will look him up too...

We have our first celebrity booked....

The one the only.........Scotty Gibb

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2009/2/castrol-use-your-dipstick.jpg

That sounds like a great idea. I would def be down, I see no reason why my car won't be done by then. BUT WE MUST DO THE ROAD COURSE!!!!

Yeah SEMA week would be awsome, but you have to be registered "in the industry" which anyone can do with a BS company, and some biz cards. You just have to pay for the reg fee... Vegas isn't too far from Detroit....lol

That sounds like a great idea. I would def be down, I see no reason why my car won't be done by then. BUT WE MUST DO THE ROAD COURSE!!!!

Yeah SEMA week would be awsome, but you have to be registered "in the industry" which anyone can do with a BS company, and some biz cards. You just have to pay for the reg fee... Vegas isn't too far from Detroit....lol

You could come down and meet us all in CO for the mother of all convoys LOL

Nevada Highway 318 Events

The Nevada Highway 318 events are identical, differing only in the time of year. They begin just South of Lund, at White Pine County just north of mile marker 9, head South through Nye County, and finish at Lincoln County mile marker 7. The journey traverses 90 miles of two lane highway which has recently been repaved and is in excellent condition, with long straights, twisty sections, and dips, which for the faster participants, may result in an airborne experience. Entrants receive a set of Course Notes and a video tape to help them prepare for the event. The cars are run in classes at five mile per hour increments, from 95 mph to 180 mph, with the class determined by the vehicle's safety equipment, the driver's experience level and the driver/navigator comfort level. There is also an Unlimited Division for very experienced drivers with full race-equipped cars. Vehicles are started at one minute intervals and 30 second intervals, beginning with the 150 mph class and working back to the 95 mph class. Once the last 95 mph class vehicle clears the course, the Unlimited Division and the higher speed brackets over 150 are run as the final group.

The "High Noon Shootout" at the "Classic Corral" is a new and additional event presented by the SSCC. This event is a One-Mile acceleration contest on fenced SR-490, in Ely, NV taking place on the Saturday's before the NORC and SSCC events from 12:00 noon to 4:00pm. This event will allow the driver to test their cars at speed and perform final tuning and reliability checks before the Sunday event. All participants must be registered pass final tech inspection prior to 12:00 noon Saturday. Cars will be allowed as many runs as possible within the time allowed by the road closure permit. Detailed information will be supplied at registration and results will be announced at the Driver's Meeting on Saturday night. You can do this exicting new "Shootout" for only $200.00. For those that have already entered the event and are interested in registering for the "High Noon Shootout", please contact Steve Waldman by email stevezw@cox.net or (702) 631-6166 or contact Gail Waldman at register@silverstateclassic.com.

Vegas huh? sounds good to me as i usually go there every October AND it's only 1750 miles each way :D . now all you west coast guys HAVE NO REASON FOR NOT ATTENDING. yo Scotty what about the complex where they do Mopars @ the strip? don't they have a 1/4 mile and a road course?

we have a full concrete 1/4 mile track AND a road course down here at the same location. i talked to Tim about this over this past weekend, thinking about doing a Southern Starquest Meet next year sometime. PDodson or I will post up some details soon and maybe take a poll as to whom might be interested in driving to New Orleans for a meet. with both tracks in the same location we'd have it all.

Yes Harry im looking into that location also, i also contacted a open road course track located only 60 miles out of Vegas for possible rental purposes, let me just i say after getting the price quote i was in shock,told the guy i only wanted to rent the track not buy it. :hmm3grin2orange: