MX6 intake,g54b w/megasquirt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone with skills should do a GP on this...get them modded to bolt on and a basic Mega setup too..Using the stock dizzy..Now thats a GP a lot of folks would be in for...

The magna setup is sweet but at $1500 bucks average to get it all the way done plus down time is I think most hold off..

All I need is to find some steel stock, allen bolts, a few gaskets, the manifold, and proper injectors, and my Honda ECU setup will be ready to rock-n-roll on the Starion.

Now I just need to not get lazy and put the damned engine in. :D

Someone with skills should do a GP on this...get them modded to bolt on and a basic Mega setup too..Using the stock dizzy..Now thats a GP a lot of folks would be in for...

The magna setup is sweet but at $1500 bucks average to get it all the way done plus down time is I think most hold off..

x1

thats exactly what i was going to say.

if some one wants to make some doh, and if they can weld..im sure allot of us would bite..i know i would. and since mx6's are plentyfull in the US. we wont really have to worry about the extra costs of importing and what not.

maybe we can talk 101 into doing something like this. he might be willing to.

Daniel

well you have one customer for one if you do start making them. then ill be back on the road to mpi lol

Edit: maybe once you figure a price you can do a f/s thread or a gp thread. :thumbsup:

also, is it any 89 mx-6 that we can use the manifold from?? or does it have to be a sertain one?? like engine size and what not?

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

• 2 weeks later...

so after some initial fitting... how were you able to clear the distributor w/o moving the intake too far up? the inlet for the throttlebody seems way too close to the #1 plug when the ports match up as best they can. did you align the intake to clear it and then just port your plate accordingly?

also, are you running a thermostat at all?

the best we could see at the moment would be to go edis and use the extra room for the thrmostat housing.

thoughts?

89Palermo and I have been working on designing an adapter plate that we can get milled. Our problems so far have been getting the TB to clear the dizzy and deciding how best to handle the thermostat. I'm planning on going EDIS so I'm not too worried about the dizzy, but I'd like other people to be able to use it with the stock setup. I guess using a smaller TB would be a option. For the thermostat I'm thinking we'll weld/thread in a pipe w/ sensor bungs and use an AW11 t-stat. This is probably a better option than milling up a custom housing and welding it in place.

Our CAD files are just about ready for a mock-up so we can test all the potential clearance issues. I'll try to keep you all informed of our developments.

Ideas and suggestions welcome.

89Palermo and I have been working on designing an adapter plate that we can get milled. Our problems so far have been getting the TB to clear the dizzy and deciding how best to handle the thermostat. I'm planning on going EDIS so I'm not too worried about the dizzy, but I'd like other people to be able to use it with the stock setup. I guess using a smaller TB would be a option. For the thermostat I'm thinking we'll weld/thread in a pipe w/ sensor bungs and use an AW11 t-stat. This is probably a better option than milling up a custom housing and welding it in place.

Our CAD files are just about ready for a mock-up so we can test all the potential clearance issues. I'll try to keep you all informed of our developments.

Ideas and suggestions welcome.

If you look very closly at my pics I have a 1/2" adpater to raise the upper intake

Does it make a difference if its a turbo or non intake? sorry if that was covered before... theres a guy with 2 on another forum. he said $40 for each. no injectors with rail but he has throttle bodies for turbo and non.

Does it make a difference if its a turbo or non intake? sorry if that was covered before... theres a guy with 2 on another forum. he said $40 for each. no injectors with rail but he has throttle bodies for turbo and non.

I wish I can answer this question, I'm using the turbo intake. I don't know if there are any differences.

The guy on the mx6 forum said they changed slightly for 90-92... ill pick it up and see... let me know if anyone wants another... he said he had 2.

the 89-90 probe/mx6 manifolds are smaller than the 91-92 manifolds, the later of the years also fit differently...

You NEED to get an 89-90 manifold if your going to do this.. thats what im running on my car

He has 2 from 89 gt. I am buying one.

you should be fine with that then..

2 of the runners are off 1/4 inch or less(i forget which ones its been a while since i did mine)..

just use a half inch thick peice of alluminum when u make the adaptor plate..

use a hole saw to match the ports to the head and get the plate to line up like that..

then countersink allenhead bolts into the plate attatching the plate to the head.. when all of this is lined up..

then take the plate off, drill/tap holes for the manifold to connect into the plate..

after the plate is connected to the manifold via the bolts..

take a dremel and port match the inside of the plate on the manifold side to the manifold but leave the head side of the plate how it is..

its pretty much that simple ;)

you also should cut the webbing out of inbetween the runners of the manifold, it will eliminate alot of extra garbage...

you then can run a single Elbow fitting out the manifold flange inbetween runners 3 & 4 to eliminate th ecoolant running through the manifold itself..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If non-turbo manifolds are usable, some Mazda 626's had this engine too.

Just what I needed to know. I've found a 90 626 local for $150 that needs more work than I'll want to put in. I also have a friend who runs a salvage yard and last I knew that's about what they were giving for scrap cars.

Is it worth the time/chance?

• 2 months later...