Proud new member of the 400hp club

Well, finally got there... the goal when I started this new direction was to reach 300hp / 350tq on motor, and 400hp / 500tq on nitrous. The DFW dyno day was a good day:

On motor and 21 psi of boost, I am at 303 HP / 352 TQ.

But here's the money shot:

On a 100 dry shot - 405 HP / 527 TQ to the wheels

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10171/dyno_100shot.jpg

Wiseco 8:1 forged bottom end

EVO 3 Big 16G turbo

Schneider 284 Hydro cam

FIP fuel and ignition ECU's

MSD

3" exhaust

SPEC stage 3, 6puck clutch.... still holding somehow

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Will get to the strip again soon, but need to address the transmission first. I have an r-154 sitting in the garage, and once Bill completes the wide block bell housing for it, that will be going in. I may hit the 1/8th in the next few weeks but I don't think this trans is going to handle it. We'll see. :)

Thanks!

Will get to the strip again soon, but need to address the transmission first. I have an r-154 sitting in the garage, and once Bill completes the wide block bell housing for it, that will be going in. I may hit the 1/8th in the next few weeks but I don't think this trans is going to handle it. We'll see. :)

It might for a few runs.

No boost spike at all. on motor alone, I have the ProfecB set at 21 psi, and when it sprays, it 'automagically' ups that to 25 psi but it's dead steady, no spikes at all.

1/8th mile just because its convenient and I like to drive there and back, I don't trailer the car. Nearest 1/4 track is in Ennis, about 70 miles away. Nearest 1/8th track is in Denton, about 15 miles. I like to do mostly 1/8th mile, then hit the 1/4 just on occasion.

Sweet. That R154 should do you just fine, and be much smoother shifting also.

Any plans to throw a funky turbo on that thing? Something larger than a 16g, but still small enough to spool nicely. Like a ball bearing 59mm to 61mm unit.

Also, this is with a dry shot? What fuel pump are you running?

I am just running a single walbro fuel pump feeding the magna MPI with 75lb injectors. At this time, injector cycle is only 77%, so it's still well within their range.

No plans to do anything drastically different at this time - I've got the power #'s where I want, and the non nitrous street tune still feels great. That's plenty for me on the street, and then on the track with that extra smack will be a blast. hehe. If I do decide to change up the turbo, it'd probably be with a mitsu, maybe a 20g ported or something. But for now, I am happy. I will work on the r154 trans swap next, I have some 3.90 gears I need to get in there, and some other little projects to keep me busy for now.

Oh, the head is an alabama cylinder head with some porting, nothing crazy. Stock valves, and schneider HD springs, thats about it.

Edited by Turbo_Addict

Great #'s man....How did you tune for the n2o setup? Did you start small on the dry and add VE #'s and take away timing? Do you have a n2o tune msq file vs. all boost tune?

Great #'s man....How did you tune for the n2o setup? Did you start small on the dry and add VE #'s and take away timing? Do you have a n2o tune msq file vs. all boost tune?

I activate the n20 with a wide open throttle switch, so in the VE table in that range, it is just dumping a ton more fuel - i.e. on the motor/street tune, a box in the VE table would be 94 while on the n20 tune, it may be 107. And yes, I started VERY small and worked my way up from there. When I first started, it was a 30 shot and was hardly even noticeable. Then 50, 60, 85, and then 100. I did hit it with what I thought was a 125 but ended up being closer to a 150 - massive jump in power but it started to over boost and bucked like crazy, probably was about to nuke, so I pulled that jet out and backed it down to a 100 and worked from there. That 150 shot showed 460+ hp and 600+tq on the dyno, but it was a horrible graph full of spikes, so I just can't claim bs numbers like that. lol

But yes, I have two totally different tunes for fuel and also for timing, one for boost only, and one for nitrous. The timing at WOT and full boost on motor only is 20 degrees, and with nitrous I have it at 18 degrees. With naturally aspirated cars, they say to pull out a degree for every 100hp, but with a turbo car, I figure 2 degrees is just a bit safer. There is zero pinging, no signs of detonation at all - plugs look perfect too, so I think I found the right combo. I know I could squeeze some more power out by becoming more aggressive on the timing, but it's just not worth the risk at this point. I think I have a good solid combo and don't want to jack with it now. :thumbsup:

Awsome job! :thumbsup:

Dad

Thanks Randy! Those are the Wisecos I got from you, and that fully assembled alabama cylinder head I got from you from about 2 years back... still going strong!

Tom

Thanks Randy! Those are the Wisecos I got from you, and that fully assembled Alabama cylinder head I got from you from about 2 years back... still going strong!

Tom

LOL, Careful, you don't want to jinx yourself.

Dad