Bad day...pics inside ;( Parts request added

HotrodTSi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, i cant believe i didnt see this before now. Terry, jonboy is right, geico is a major pita.i say lawyer time also just to be sure they dont screw you too bad. at least speak to one and get his advice. several of us can gladly list cars for sale for whatever price you need. like mentioned before, you need some money for towing from your house to the repair facility as well as a rental because the caliber was damaged to. im sure you got a good body shop closer to you than i am, but if you need to let me know and i will be glad to put it back together for you. i dont think they will want to go the "total" route but should things have to end up that way, you can buy the car back and i can fix you up after that. get in touch with me if it comes to that. or anything else you need.

Terry,

Mann I am so sorry to see this. you and Len are the ones who cars made me wanna start doing more to mine. I do not think I have anything you mght need, but if I do, it is yours(free shipping and all) also give me the word and I will list my car in any sales section you need me too for any amount that will help you out. Good luck man and stand your ground. My uncle was t-boned by a drunk driver with Geico. whole thing caught on street camera and still took him 6 month and a lawyer to get NADA (trade in value) from Geico. They were trying to use www.edmunds.com lowest value for car to pay him and even wanted to screw around with medical bills because he had insurance. Sewriously man let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Terry...I have to agree with Jon also...I went through a hell of a fight on mine with them.... I settled the car pretty quickly and came out "ok" on it...but took me 6 months to get my medical bills paid....If I get in a "bad" wreck again I will lawyer up in a heart beat.

I posted in the Wanted section for a few parts I'm having trouble finding to fix the car. I would appreciate pics and prices so I can forward them to the insurance adjuster. Thanks guys for all the concern.

jack up the prices for Terry! use emagdnim's scheme of "LAST ONE ON EARTH! VERY VERY RARE!" lol

I've got both of those side pieces. They've got a couple dents, and they need painted, but I'd let them go for $275 each.

JK.....

But I don't know how much I'd do to the car until you've dealt with the insurance company.

I'm just seeing this and it makes me sick to my stomach. Geico is very good with paying what the car is worth and giving you money for everything else. I had an accident back in 04, this guy ran the light, i hit him and totalled my car. I got back almost what i paid for the car 2yrs earlier also got paid for the stuff i had in it. Hope everything works out.

OMG I just heard about this now. Terry your car is soo beautiful I feel ill to see it wrecked! Be sure to present any awards or trophies to the insurance company. Just so they know this car was 'the business'.

Here's a small update guys. The insurance company was waiting for the garage estimate before settling the cases caused by the accident. The adjuster will be here again tomorrow. He told me last week that they would not total the car and had every intention to fix it back to its previous condition. 'll keep everyone posted...thanks again guys!

Ahah... maybe they realized it'd cost em less to fix the car, than for you to be satisfied if it was totalled.

I just had a dream the other night someone opened the hood on my car and stole the whole top end, cylinder head and anything that was bolted to it. I worry about my car in my dreams... can't imagine if something happened to it in real life, especially one as nice as yours... someone would be dreaming permenantly, and it wouldn't be me.

-Robert