MOOKEEH INTAKE MANIFOLD

Our stock system it is true dude. Real power you go a form of EDIS.

im not sayin a distributor is the best, im just sayin it gets the job done and its simple (no computer or tunning needed) a edis system has some major adantages, ie boost retard for high boost setups. but msd 6462 gives me 15 deg. of retard with a distributor.

Edited by nathan89quest

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sayin a distributor is the best, im just sayin it gets the job done and its simple (no computer or tunning needed) a edis system has some major adantages, ie boost retard for high boost setups. but msd 6462 gives me 15 deg. of retard with a distributor.

I am telling you I have busted two motors on detonation and MPI with just running stock ignition. Been there done that, have the freaking ring lands to prove it. Unless you keep coolant temp, Mass Air, and RPM going to the Stock ECU, your stock dizzy is fecked. Even a modified dizzy with slightly heavier springs is going to screw you.

I am telling you I have busted two motors on detonation and MPI with just running stock ignition. Been there done that, have the freaking ring lands to prove it. Unless you keep coolant temp, Mass Air, and RPM going to the Stock ECU, your stock dizzy is fecked. Even a modified dizzy with slightly heavier springs is going to screw you.

I ran my MPI setup with the FIP fuel/ignition on a distributor and had zero problems.... are you saying the stock controlled distributor? or any method of using a distributor?

I ran my MPI setup with the FIP fuel/ignition on a distributor and had zero problems.... are you saying the stock controlled distributor? or any method of using a distributor?

Stock controlled. FIP doesn't could :-P you had ignition control, kinda.

I am not saying there is a big problem with the stock dist.

Its just that edis is dirt cheap, incredibly reliable, and will revert to 10* btdc if your megasquirt blows up. :o

Also, a monkey could install eids on one or our cars. Mookeh already made the trigger wheel and pickup sensor bracket for you!

101- Looking good. Keep up the good work

• 2 weeks later...
my ignition is doing fine..... Hey Mookeeh, you want me to test this thing for you? We can see right off the bat how it does under 30+psi. Engine is gettin O-ringed the minute I get home. Edited by phinko

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you dont have boost retard you will end up with too much timing at high boost levels. Everyone that doesnt know how to figure out how much total timing they are running should stick with stock boost levels / stock fuel system until they learn to read or correct their problem.

(notice, not saying 'this was your specific problem' ) but alot of people running the stock distributor (As opposed to a modified/locked distributor and seperate timing control) will end up in the same boat.

The problem is you need a source of vacuum/boost that is off the idle (Ie -is not referenced at idle). to allow the vacuum advance/boost retard mechanism to work correctly. Since it only will pull 7~10 degrees of timing if you are running over 10PSI boost you are already sliding to the 'danger zone'.

FWIW

The problem is you need a source of vacuum/boost that is off the idle (Ie -is not referenced at idle). to allow the vacuum advance/boost retard mechanism to work correctly.

I disagree, I and a few other are running full vacuum at idle to the adv/retart canister and have no problems except for a smoother idle :party0009:

I disagree, I and a few other are running full vacuum at idle to the adv/retart canister and have no problems except for a smoother idle :party0009:

If you are running full vacuum at idle then you will be likely advancing timing at idle. Try setting your timing with '0' vacuum and then adding the vacuum source. the timing will change. So unless you are compensating with ignition control you are probably starting off with timing advanced beyond 10bdc . But what ever works for you man..

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...