Blow thru setup

Well I started the blow thru carb setup this morning. I got my carb last night and did the mods to convert it to except boost, I pulled the intake manifold and sent it to my machinist to get it hogged out. I should have it back tomorrow. I need to sit down and draw up some plans for a BETTER intake design? Well anyways I'll keep you guys posted.

Awsome, Can't wait to hear what you come up with. Are you doing this to get rid of the injection and comuter gremlins or just trying something different and making it better? I have also seen this done on a GTO here in town with a big block,1000cfm carb and centrifical supergarger.

The ECU will still handle the ignition and spark duties, just not fuel anymore. As you are sure with these cars fuel delivery is an issue. I don't want to spend the money on an MPI setup. I know carbs can do the job.

I think Heefner means you will need to dump your  stock HP HV pump for a low pressure (6-8lbs) HV pump for those carbs................my brother has a twin mikuni setup that he will be bolting in his in the near future....

I think Heefner means you will need to dump your  stock HP HV pump for a low pressure (6-8lbs) HV pump for those carbs................my brother has a twin mikuni setup that he will be bolting in his in the near future....
I know what he meant ;) and you can keep it as long as your regulator can drop it down low enough. which mine can.

The ECU will still handle the ignition and spark duties, just not fuel anymore. As you are sure with these cars fuel delivery is an issue. I don't want to spend the money on an MPI setup. I know carbs can do the job.

The ECU doesn't handle ignition at all.

The ignitor does. And all that will do, at best, is pull timing if it detects knock.

Interesting approach, using a carb...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There was a guy a long time ago who carb'd a starion, i wish i could remember his name.  i believe it was on the OLD ryddler board, if i remember correctly he used a Carted AFB.  Just don't try draw through,haha, I've seen a guy try to do a draw through, intercooled datsun 510.  I didn't know Spearco made bombs until then.  :o

im ready to hear how this project is going ..

i could possibly see me doing this 1 day.

lets get an update. ;)

• 2 years later...

Hey, let me know if you have any questions. I have a marine 600 4 barrel holley mounted on my 83 turbo starion. Cars running and everything. At 5 psi on a t3 turbo. No intercooler yet. Still getting the project started.

http://i7.tinypic.com/8g3n3fq.jpg

Oops, I didn't realize the thread was that old :roll:. Since I've decided to work on the Starion (left my Corolla w/3tc on the side 8), I thought well why not share my experience with someone else. I know how it is because I ask a lot of questions about my 3tc setup w/the guys from toyota3tc.com. Why not share it with you guys. I'll let you guys know how the project evolves w/the addition of parts, etc. Take care and Merry Christmas!!!

I guess it was red originally. I bought the car for $500 and running. The car was painted white on the outside and painted black in the engine bay to cover up the red. I'm going to paint the car red like it was before. I know its ugly!!! Here's a side view pic of the car.

http://i8.tinypic.com/6nu9a9x.jpg

Hahahaha!!!! Yhea. I was so excited to get the car running that I desperately took a spark plug wire from my corolla. I'll be getting a nice complete set of blue ngk wires this week. 1G mitsu blowoff valve is next along with a front mount intercooler. Crank up the boost and we're ready to roll or blow!!!