free mods

if you have a local DSM club, or know anyone with a 1G DSM, ask them and you can get them for free, if you find the right people. 20 bucks is all you should really pay. cause these guys throw them away.

i'm not trying to diss guys here, but unless they include a new K&N, the harness and all related connecting stuff, it's not worth semba-five bucks.

BTW, the 1G mas will bolt into your stock aircan with minimal mods.

I have another question as well, If i'm ordering something out of a magazine like jcwhitney, do i order the part for an eclipse? or what? They don't have parts for conquests, but will the eclipses fit? What year should the eclipse part be for my 89?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

There are not a lot of parts available for our cars.

That's why not everyone has one.

Check out some online provide for our cars like

www.midwestturbo.com

http://www.3sxperformance.com

Kellydaman has exhausts and other items of interest.

email to kellydahman@yahoo.com

Make sure you order parts for the Conquest or Starion only.

Your car should have a MAS.  It's built into the air claener assembly.

The 1GMAS is a MAS from a 1st generation eclipse.  You need the plug with it.

It flows more air and gives you some power.

Read around here and the FAQ and T-racing.

Before spending money on all kinds of parts, learn what works and what's questionable.  Make a plan on how far you want to go, so you don't waste money on something that you won't use

I added a 1G mass, Kelly's 3" exhaust, added a flex section and dynomax ultraflow muffler , turned the boost up to 14 psi.  My car turned into an altered beast.  Doing these three things made a huge difference over stock.  I would recommend anyone else to start with these mods.

-Tim

I added a 1G mass, Kelly's 3" exhaust, added a flex section and dynomax ultraflow muffler , turned the boost up to 14 psi.  My car turned into an altered beast.  Doing these three things made a huge difference over stock.  I would recommend anyone else to start with these mods.

-Tim

AGREED!!!!Definitely the biggest, cheapest gains

If you were to buy that turbo and slap it onto a stock Starquest, there's no way you would get anywhere close to 380 HP.  

The 19C is supposed able to flow enough air to make 380HP.  If you have everything with you motor setup perfectly you might be lucky enough to put out 380HP.

Long story short, you can't just slap on a bigger turbo and make near 400HP.  You have to do a lot of supporting mods.

-Tim

AGREED!!!!Definitely the biggest, cheapest gains

Thats your blueprint right there.   If you start with a great running stock quest (fuel filters replaced, injector clips in great shape, no ignition problems, head/timing chain in good shape, no vacuum leaks) then add the exhaust, 1gen mas, boost controller then your in good shape.  Throw in some hd valve springs and a cam and your gonna be very fast.  (Scary fast man..)

Really if you had to do one thing and only 1 I would get the exhaust (Downpipe, new cat, muffler 2.5 inch or 3 inch (if u can afford 3 get 3))

if you have a local DSM club, or know anyone with a 1G DSM, ask them and you can get them for free, if you find the right people. 20 bucks is all you should really pay. cause these guys throw them away.

/quote]

another month and Joe will be tossing his away...

Going MAF Translator, and a 3" MAF.

by no means a "free mod" the 2.0 swap is looking to make ALOT of HP...