Check out the new Hurricane 4 intake

And just when I was going to have a MPI intake made up and ready to sell next year :-/.. I have someone who was willing to make me a  proto type  Intake. All Aluminim or mild steel chromed :-/

Oh well I like the looks of it. And hope it is a great part for us.

Kelly

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have FIP'S PRO-3 system on my 83 starion and I was the best investment I have ever made on my car.  I can vouch for the FIP guys that their rear-end was not assembled correctly because i have seen it.  Ed has found a way to install additional clutch packs in the rear end.  they are also in the midst of a tranny swap to a Tremec 3550 5-Speed I have seen their car in all its glory and in the end all of this nay saying will be SILENCED!!!!

PS I know some of us here in the club have been burned so believe me I understand the skepticism but Ed an Scott are first rate and have never let me down before I met them my car never ran quite right, since then every piece of advice I have taken from them has had a positive effect on the way my car ran, If Ed had not designed the PRO-3 for ME, I would almost defiantly no longer have my precious 83 starion which I enjoyed driving since I was 16.  I guess what I am trying to say is let your memory's of dishonest vendors die and embrace FIP as a blessing to the starquest world. :)

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say I don't see the rear slipping.  I've seen the horsepowerhouse car hang the front wheels off the ground for 15 feet on the stock rear using a powerglide and a trans break.

I can't quite figure out my car either.  With 300 whp and a 3200lb car I should be running a 12.2 at about 110-112 mph.  I'm almost a second off pace.  I don't think my driving skills are that bad.  My pressure plate and flywheel inserts looked like they got pretty hot but It didn't feel like it was slipping.  I really can't see the tranny sucking up that much power either.  I just don't know.  

starionesi-r I want to come check out your car soon.

I really want to get up there I just need to find some time.  On another note, not to hijack this thread any more I started a new post here http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...Start+new+topic  about the rear clutch packs.  Ed sent me an email explaing what he found with the car.

the stories of 27psi and 150 NOS launches and slipping rear differentials that were mostly put together wrong.

did he mention anything about thier motec exhaust?

I don't know why our community is full of phantom cars that are very fast and ultimate mods that are always on their way but never get here. we have lots of experts who seem to know every single compressor map from garrett yet the cars are sitting in the garage entertaining the spiders. we have a thousand members yet we dont have a single reliable 12 seconds car that needs nothing but a wash.

its a little depressing.

I can't help but feel that you may be referencing me.

I just bought a house and do not have the funds to put the car thru all it needs right now.

If you would like to sponser me I will show you a 12 second car.

interesting thread...

what good will it do anyone here, if *anybody* launches with a 150 shot and runs 27psi on a big turbo.. Smoke & mirrors? or hype & horse5h1.t?

If that convinces you that their setup is "da bomb", u need help.

Want something to drool over that you'll never build, go to Sakuras' site.

Whats so hard about putting a *simple system* on a customers car and test it back to back ??? CNM had their issues, but they were pretty good at doing exactly that. Anybody remember Jem ?  He detailed his car down to the T, on a web page for everyone to see. Did an impressive baseline run with a 20G at ~12.6sec ET. Came back with his turbo offering (only change) and ran 12.3 on tbi, with traction problems - full weight widebody. I -distinctly- recall him saying "something in the driveline is not unloading". Could this be the same thing here ?

I hear u Art on the 12sec club,

problem is that most of the sharp minds have moved on to something else. Very few aspects of a street starquest Frank didn't touch with his car and posted details for everyone along the way. He simply converted his stock intake and tuned via sds. If u couldn't build a fast car based on his input alone, u may as well hang it up.

My excuse ? I cheated and took a shortcut with my 'plug n play' nissan. I'm underway to getting my mitsu project where they need to be.

interesting thread...

what good will it do anyone here, if *anybody* launches with a 150 shot and runs 27psi on a big turbo.. Smoke & mirrors? or hype & horse5h1.t?

If that convinces you that their setup is "da bomb", u need help.

Want something to drool over that you'll never build, go to Sakuras' site.

Whats so hard about putting a *simple system* on a customers car and test it back to back ??? CNM had their issues, but they were pretty good at doing exactly that. Anybody remember Jem ?  He detailed his car down to the T, on a web page for everyone to see. Did an impressive baseline run with a 20G at ~12.6sec ET. Came back with his turbo offering (only change) and ran 12.3 on tbi, with traction problems - full weight widebody. I -distinctly- recall him saying "something in the driveline is not unloading". Could this be the same thing here ?

I hear u Art on the 12sec club,

problem is that most of the sharp minds have moved on to something else. Very few aspects of a street starquest Frank didn't touch with his car and posted details for everyone along the way. He simply converted his stock intake and tuned via sds. If u couldn't build a fast car based on his input alone, u may as well hang it up.

My excuse ? I cheated and took a shortcut with my 'plug n play' nissan. I'm underway to getting my mitsu project where they need to be.

Man Jinx... I like how you get to the nitty gritty...your defientely one of the guys I feel has their mindset right.

Some of my roots are from CNM and Frank..me and Frank were pretty tight...he's the reason I went to SDS and down the road going to an automatic.

Frank touched anything and it turned to gold.

You can look at what I run now...piece together the set up and know what to expect...my turbo will support a lot of power...I went thru everything...lately I have been trying to inform people of things I went thru and a better path that I think will yield better results.

One example is the 1G MAS... that was my doings..and I am happy as hell it is working out for people...and lemme tell you there were a lot of naysayers shooting their mouths off about it... my T4 turbo...people said it was too big...HA! Bologne!!

It's new things you try and you let people know about them that as a whole leads to other improvements.. :)

I would love to have this system!!! I was going to stay with the TBI and build on that, because i didn't want to got though all the trouble, of finding all the componets for MPI and then time it takes to tune it right...So this MPI kit is right up my alley, everyting i need in one kit..This kit is complete, i emailed these guys, they said if you buy this kit, it will be all you need....The only thing that you need extra, is MSD, or buy there adapter($49) :)

opps almost forgot...need a performance fuel pump also...

where's your room full of  12 sec cars , hehe  thats real  easy guys it's call'd  gearing for the track your runing ,, your seting here  fighting a car gear'd for a 1/2 mile  run  , raceing it on the 1/4  mile  track

most of you are  still in 3'd gear or just bearly  get the shift done as you  hit the traps ,  you do not  build  5 spd  cars to use 3 gears

when i reality  you  should be  almost ready to go to 5 th  at the traps ,  for  most guys the  driveing  of a 12 sec or  sub 12 sec car  daily is a  dream, sure you can have a  very  dam fast car  but the  diff in a 13 sec   drag  car and the  sub 12 car is in the gearing and  tires ,their  both  just as fast on the street , fact is the  13 sec  car will most likely  take the 12 sec  car  on a long   run on the highway

untill  the  comunity as a whole gets it into their head it takes more then an engine and clutch   to  drop et's it'l be  a  lot  full of 13 sec cars  , and that is a fact

another is  12 sec cars are not  fun to drive,, they have  only two  uses ,  go slow or  wide open  and don't like any thing  inbetween , and that  you'l find is the bigest  single reason   you don't  see a  bunch of  12 sec  daily drivers ,,along  with  $2.25

a gal   fuel costs

but  if your   still trying to throw money at the engine  and expecting to  run  12 sec  all day long , wise up theres  much  easier ways to get there

i  know i can hear it now,,you old school guy's   didn't have  the technoligy  we got , we what ever, we were in the 8's  long ago , and daily drivers in the 11's   were all arround , so take it for  what ever you think it's worth  lol

take  Scott and Ed  every thing they're doingis  first time so it's not an easy process  combining all these diff   things and makeing  it  work  smoothly togather,, they'l get it iron'd out one  day , tho personaly  i  beleave they should  be  going auto trans  but thats up to them

where's your room full of  12 sec cars , hehe  thats real  easy guys it's call'd  gearing for the track your runing ,, your seting here  fighting a car gear'd for a 1/2 mile  run  , raceing it on the 1/4  mile  track

most of you are  still in 3'd gear or just bearly  get the shift done as you  hit the traps ,  you do not  build  5 spd  cars to use 3 gears

when i reality  you  should be  almost ready to go to 5 th  at the traps ,  for  most guys the  driveing  of a 12 sec or  sub 12 sec car  daily is a  dream, sure you can have a  very  dam fast car  but the  diff in a 13 sec   drag  car and the  sub 12 car is in the gearing and  tires ,their  both  just as fast on the street , fact is the  13 sec  car will most likely  take the 12 sec  car  on a long   run on the highway

untill  the  comunity as a whole gets it into their head it takes more then an engine and clutch   to  drop et's it'l be  a  lot  full of 13 sec cars  , and that is a fact

another is  12 sec cars are not  fun to drive,, they have  only two  uses ,  go slow or  wide open  and don't like any thing  inbetween , and that  you'l find is the bigest  single reason   you don't  see a  bunch of  12 sec  daily drivers ,,along  with  $2.25

a gal   fuel costs

but  if your   still trying to throw money at the engine  and expecting to  run  12 sec  all day long , wise up theres  much  easier ways to get there

i  know i can hear it now,,you old school guy's   didn't have  the technoligy  we got , we what ever, we were in the 8's  long ago , and daily drivers in the 11's   were all arround , so take it for  what ever you think it's worth  lol

take  Scott and Ed  every thing they're doingis  first time so it's not an easy process  combining all these diff   things and makeing  it  work  smoothly togather,, they'l get it iron'd out one  day , tho personaly  i  beleave they should  be  going auto trans  but thats up to them

Exactly!

I gotta say the auto tranny is going to be the breaker. We've seen Frank take a mid 12 sec car into the 11.7's with an auto tranny swap. It's been proved and shown to us.

a gal   fuel costs

Hmm, my cousin ownes a MK3 supra that runs 11's and drives great normally, my friend ben also owned (untill someone totaled his car) a MK3 supra that ran sub 12's and drove as a daily driver better than factory... Honestly I don't think the problem is the car if you ask me...

we have to  keep a  hp to weight ratio  here that is compariatble to our  quest  bodys,,  an M3 weights what  almost nothing

i've  put a 20 hp out board  on a 10 ft jon  boat  to ,  it was fast  ,  but not the  best way to get  speed

you get  3000 to  3300 lbs of car and driver into the  sub 12's and it's not a nice daily driver , unless your some  kind of nut  driver but a normal driver   would not be happy  with the   performance  when  not trying to break the sound  barrier

i'm sure we got  guys on here that have never taken  off  from a stop with out spining tires ,  unless of course the cops were beside them but thats hardly the normal driver  now is it

I can't help but feel that you may be referencing me.

I just bought a house and do not have the funds to put the car thru all it needs right now.

If you would like to sponser me I will show you a 12 second car.

hehe, i am genralizing. i didn't have anyone in mind.

Shelby, the latest gen M3 does weigh nearly 3500 lbs.

It's amazing how they make these small cars heavy as hell. Even the new mini is like 3300 pounds, must be 3000 miles of eletronics and wire!!! :) Heres the email i got from FuelInjectionPro...

Robert,

Hello, this is Ed from FuelinjectionPro.com. Thanks for asking abuot our

systems!

In answer to your questions:

1. On your web pages it says it comes with IC pipes, but doesn't say what

size, or the way it's routed.-- Please "Some common questions:" number one

below.

2.  I have a 18g turbo with 2.5in ex and soon to come a cam with ,..Are you

able to tune my fuel computer to take advantge of my set-up?--Yes, our fuel

maps are very good and should give you the AFR you need.

3.  How much is shipping zip code 28539 NC hubert-- Standard UPS and

handling is $40.00.

4.You guys should join us on tristarion.com or starquestclub.com :) We will

be joining!

HURRICANE-4 MPI SYSTEM includes two kits:

(A) MPI4-PRO kit with:

(1)  MP-PRO-4AH  aluminum four injector manifold.

(2)  Billet aluminum fuel rail with AN fittings (inlet and return).

(3) TB-PRO70 throttle body, 3" inlet od.

(4) four fuel injectors matched  (75lb).

(5) t-stat and housing.

(6) manifold gasket, TB gasket.

(7) Water temp sensor.

(8) TPS sensor.

(9) Fuel pressure regulator.

(10) Throttle cable

(11) THE MANIFOLD,TB. INJECTORS, SENSOR, and FUEL RAIL ARE

PRE-ASSEMBLED and WIRED!

(B) MPI-FC-PRO  Fuel controller for HURRICANE-4 MPI with :

(1)  FC-1 fuel injection controller. This is programmed ready to go,

but changes can be made     with software or the optinal TD-1 handheld

tuner/display($195.00).

(2) Wiring harness for fuel injection system made to plug into the

MPI4-PRO  for the Conquest.

(3) Air temp sensor.

(4) Standard map sensor (good to 20 psi).

(5) WIRING SUPPLIED IS VERY COMPLETE AND EASY TO INSTALL MOST

EVERYTHING JUST PLUGS IN.

HURRICANE-4 MPI SYSTEM (A and B above) price is $1961.00 plus shipping. If

you are using the stock ignition add $49.00 for the igntion pickup

adapter(not needed if you have a MSD 6A,AL,ect.).

You may buy MPI4-PRO kit (item "A") for $1536.00 plus shipping, then when

ready buy the  MPI-FC-PRO kit  Fuel controller (item "B") for $425.00 plus

shipping.

The other item you would need for the MPI is a fuel injection fuel pump with

flow for the hp of the engine.

Our goal is to have easy to install, ready to run systems for all levels of

performance( to 1000hp+). We program the controller for your setup, so the

car can be driven after the system is installed, but changes can be made if

needed.

Some common questions:

(1) How does the MPI throttle body connect to the intercooler? - The only

other part needed is the pipe from the MPI throttle body to the intercooler,

we can supply this. The cost depends, if you are using the stock intercooler

or a different one and if you would like a blowoff valve added.

For use with the stock intercooler system we offer the MPI4-ICP-PRO kit

which connects were the stock OVC pipe connected and runs across the front

to the HURRICANE-4 throttle body. It is 2.5" dia. The  MPI4-ICP-PRO kit

includes (A) the polshied aluminum cross pipe, (B) HI-Temp couplings,©

Stainless steel band clamps.  The normal Price for the  MPI4-ICP-PRO kit is

280.00.      For a limited time we will be offering Starquestclub.com

members a discount when they order a complete HURRICANE-4 SYSTEM (MPI4-PRO

kit ,MPI-FC-PRO kit, MPI4-ICP-PRO) this will be posted soon.

(2) Will your Ignition Adapter also control ignition or will the stock setup

still be used? - The stock ignition is used. The Ignition Adapter ($49.00)

is used to interface the RPM to the FC-1, but with the MPI we perfer a MSD

6AL or BTM and the stock disturibtor (with the MSD the Ignition Adapter is

not needed) .

(3) Do you give me a whole new wiring harness with the kit?- The wiring

harness included is complete for the fuel injection system.

(4) What I want in the end is between 300 - 350whp on pump gas. Is that

possible. - Yes, I think it is. Here some info on our car:

Our car is 89 Conquest with blue-printed bottom end with Wiseco pistons,

non jet valve head with ss valves and custom port work by us, mech cam,T4

turbo,Nos, our water injection system and our complete  manifold and fuel

system, our water to air intercooler and a lot more. All work was done by

us. On the street we run 20psi, 50 nos, and water injection on 93 octane.

For race we use 26 psi and 120 nos with race fuel.

(5) Your optional handheld tuner, TD-1. What is that? Is it a palm? If so

can I just use mine to run it? - It is just for our system, with it you can

tune and display information like RPM, water temp,airtemp,ECT,.

The TD-1 option is $195.00.

Also a laptop can be used.

We are able to keep our prices low because we design and make the

computer,manifolds, wire harnesses, and other parts.

The computer hardware including the printed circuit board was design by

us.

We pre-program it for our systems.  All of our systems are tested and on

running cars. All parts we make( computer, manifold,ect) covered for one

year on defects, sensors are 30 days.

Please check our web site and feel free to call or E-Mail

(Turbo_boosted@hotmail.com) any other questions. Scott's cell is

727-243-1396.

Regards,

Ed

FuelinjectionPro.com

a gal   fuel costs

werd.  my evo is a daily driven 11 second (pump gas) car..  let me tell you, it sucks!  you think sh!t won't break, you're nuts.  my car is just over a year old.  new a/c compressor, new alternator, new trans, 3rd clutch, tires... dear lord.  you get the picture.  shelby nailed it.  my car HATES the cold.  in fact, it won't drive at all until fully warmed up.  it also, HATES to be driven at anything less than 80mph.  it's had almost 300 pulls on the dyno, countless hours of road tuning.  you don't want these headaches.  my life has become consumed by this car.  and that my friends, is why it's on e-bay! ;)

a gal   fuel costs

If it were up to ED i imagine they would have went with an auto trans. But Scott really wants a car with a super high top end.  200mph is the goal I think.