got this reply from a guy wanting to buy my quest

SilverFlatty

Hello,

Thanks for the promt responce, I'm glad to hear from you and i will like to know that i found your ads on craigslist and was much more interested,i am buying the1985 Chrysler for my son for his birthday gift.i am located in staten island in NY.Also i will like to let you know that the payment will be a (certified check / Money order) so in view of this i will like you to email me all the necesary information needed to send the money order to you. Regarding the shipping ,i have a personal shipper agent that takes good care of my consignments and ship them to there variuos destination .So my shipper agent will be at your place to pick up the"1985 Chrysler " soon as the payment is recieved by you. The money order will be in your name to make it easier for you to cash and as soon as you recieve the money order i will like you to cash them then deduct the money for the 1985 Chrysler " and send the remaining balance to my shipper agent so he can contact you immediately for the pick up arrangement at your place.

So here are the information needed for the payment to be mail out asap.

(1) Full Name

(2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please

(3) your direct telephone number

(4) acceptance of my offer

Hope to hear from you immediately.

NB:I will be paying you additional $50 to reserve the "1985 Chrysler " for me.

Thank's,

Jeffrey Aithkens

im cautious about this.... gimme your opinions on it

Paul

Edited by half&half

Email him back and tell him that you'll need to wait 15 business days for the check to clear before you release the title or the car. Or tell him to have his shipping people bring cash, and meet you at your bank for the transaction. You can step inside and make sure the bills are legit before you let him take the car.

Tell him you can only accept paypal, Cash, western union etc.. Tell him no checks or money orders. If you really think it is a scam, Give him the address for the local police department after you speak with a detective and have it sent to him. Or just have fun and play around with the guy on emails and see how long you can play. lol

yeah he wants me to get the check...cash it as soon as i get it... take the 1050$ for the car and then use the rest to pay the shipper...my question is...why would I have to pay the shipper? he could just use the money to pay him..it shouldnt be between me and the shipper...

yeah he wants me to get the check...cash it as soon as i get it... take the 1050$ for the car and then use the rest to pay the shipper...my question is...why would I have to pay the shipper? he could just use the money to pay him..it shouldnt be between me and the shipper...

SCAM!!!! MY 2 CENTS BE CAREFUL

sent this reply

hey Jeffrey,

Thanks for the interest in my car. I have some concerns though. I would prefer to talk to you over the phone before we settle. Would you please send me your full name, phone number, and whet time would be good for me to call you. Also I would rather not be involved with your shipper other than meeting them and giving them the car. I do not want to cash a money order for them. You can pay them directly. But I do want to contact them to set up meeting and to make sure that YOU will get the car. So I would also like to get all the contact info for them along with the name of the guy you deal with. So once I hear from you again, I will call you and we will go from there.

Thanks

Paul

got

Hello,

Thank;s for the responce and i would have love to call you to due to my dissability of hearing impaired i do not make use of a phone and i would be glad if you can get back to me with your payment details if you have considered to accept my offer.

Thank's,

Jeffrey

got

Hello,

Thank;s for the responce and i would have love to call you to due to my dissability of hearing impaired i do not make use of a phone and i would be glad if you can get back to me with your payment details if you have considered to accept my offer.

Thank's,

Jeffrey

"I may have it sold locally. Have your wife or your son call me, and maybe I'll let you take it since you touched base first. Otherwise I can't sell it to you without talking to somebody on your end. All the shipping details are just more than I really want to deal with. Hope you understand."

THIS IS A SCAM PEOPLE READ THIS FROM TUSON CRAIGSLIST

Hello,

Thanks for the promt responce, I'm glad to hear from you and i will like to know that i found your ads on craigslist and was much more interested,i am buying the Band Sound PA System microphones stands Mixer board for my son for his birthday gift.i am located in staten island in NY.Also i will like to let you know that the payment will be a (certified check / Money order) so in view of this i will like you to email me all the necesary information needed to send the money order to you. Regarding the shipping ,i have a personal shipper agent that takes good care of my consignments and ship them to there variuos destination .So my shipper agent will be at your place to pick up the"Band Sound PA System microphones stands Mixer board" soon as the payment is recieved by you. The money order will be in your name to make it easier for you to cash and as soon as you recieve the money order i will like you to cash them then deduct the money for the Band Sound PA System microphones stands Mixer board" and send the remaining balance to my shipper agent so he can contact you immediately for the pick up arrangement at your place.

So here are the information needed for the payment to be mail out asap.

(1) Full Name

(2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please

(3) your direct telephone number

(4) acceptance of my offer

Hope to hear from you immediately.

NB:I will be paying you additional $50 to reserve the "Band Sound PA System microphones stands Mixer board" for me.

Thank's,

Jeffrey Aithkens

My response:

If you would like to give us your phone number we would be happy to call you and set up a time for you to pick this up. Please bring cash with you as we do not accept any other form of payment.

lol...tell him if he's hearing impaired, then this car would be great for him, since the annoying rod knock won't get to his head :)

I lead them on...and they don't understand english enough to know any better :)

Sad world we live in...i usually dont buy from someone unless im pretty sure I know them

To all the others that i dont know i LOVE to mess with them so bad :D

People on chat programs love to spam about the most random stuff...and they get so pissed when you make them feel pathetic