top end built pics

Finally got the top end built, and I am just waiting on the bottem end, should be done next week. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!! My dreams and work over the past 5 years finally coming together. :)

some newer pics, engine has new rings now, so hopefully this time around I can lay down some big numbers!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/turbo26tsi/enginebayanglewobat.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/turbo26tsi/PDRM0006.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man what size is that huge hairdryer???? is that T66? ;D Man thats super clean, if the bottomend is that nice then DDDDDDdddaaammmnnnnn.. great job.. Some one dropped some bills...

Damn!!  that is a nice setup, that intake should really improve power and response!  Nice headers too!!  and ah, that snail is umm, ah, kinda pretty.  Mind if I borrow it for while?    ;)  VERY NICE!

Nice set-up!

Is that an Aussie throttle body on the Magna intake or a US spec throttle body?

Thanks and don't forget to post pics of the finished project!

thanks for all the compliments guys, this project has been made possible by ryddlers board and the help and knowledge spread throughout it over the years. He has been an important asset to our community for some time now.

The fine header is Chads craftmanship, the the TB is a US spec 97 mustang GT 4.6L (had to redrill the holes for it to fit and JB weld a little bit of the breath thru area).The turbo is a GT37, just came out from Garrett, newer lighter better flowing wheels in it. Though it is still on the huge side as far as turbos go, I did my studying on it and i think it will yield good results.

You don't wanna know what its cost me so far. All in all from start to finish its cost me 10K, that is everything though, alot of things i got at cost or near cost.

the block looks prety good, alot of 1200deg red paint. Like I said though, i have been building up little by little with the best i can find out there.

Hopefully it will be a killer street machine as well as turning a few heads at the race track, and today i got a reply from the editor of Turbo Magazine, hopefully  I will get an article in there, so i can tell the world about starquests and how their underated and under appreciated. ;D

I will be sure to post pics of the whole thing once its put together. I included a link to my tristarion garage that has a bunch of pics of my car and block.

http://www.tristarion.com/phpBB2/viewcar.php?carid=27

take care,

kevin

DAMN!!!  That is awesome man!  Good job, we can all tell that you really took your time on this one.  Hope you have that thing insured, just sitting out there in the open and all, hmmm, j/k.

Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. ;D

great detail work on the engine, it looks so nicely done that if i had mines like that, i would put it in a glass box & displayed it in the main living room like a trophy...

A nice article in Turbo Magazine would be great for the community. Except then some people would know what kind of car we have :-/

Nice detail,,

thanks for all the compliments guys, this project has been made possible by ryddlers board and the help and knowledge spread throughout it over the years. He has been an important asset to our community for some time now.

The fine header is Chads craftmanship, the the TB is a US spec 97 mustang GT 4.6L (had to redrill the holes for it to fit and JB weld a little bit of the breath thru area).The turbo is a GT37, just came out from Garrett, newer lighter better flowing wheels in it. Though it is still on the huge side as far as turbos go, I did my studying on it and i think it will yield good results.

You don't wanna know what its cost me so far. All in all from start to finish its cost me 10K, that is everything though, alot of things i got at cost or near cost.

the block looks prety good, alot of 1200deg red paint. Like I said though, i have been building up little by little with the best i can find out there.

Hopefully it will be a killer street machine as well as turning a few heads at the race track, and today i got a reply from the editor of Turbo Magazine, hopefully  I will get an article in there, so i can tell the world about starquests and how their underated and under appreciated. ;D

I will be sure to post pics of the whole thing once its put together. I included a link to my tristarion garage that has a bunch of pics of my car and block.

http://www.tristarion.com/phpBB2/viewcar.php?carid=27

take care,

kevin

Never add up what you have in the car...it'll make you sick.  :-X

If you get that car in Turbo tell Michael Ferrera to stick his Starion smack talk up his tail. He is a big reason as to why we have a black cloud over us.

I hope you get in the mag.

BTW I"m getting my valve cover powdered coated black, I've wanted to for awhile so don't think I am copying you LOL!

Like I said it looks great man!!