Time to stop this car work :)

Shelby

well got word first of the week i was going to have to stop this working on cars or slow down a bunch , thats not going to be easy to do, but it is geting dam hard on me , so right after the doc told me this i came home and spent 2 days droping the trans out of the caravan :)

the funny thing is we have 10 g-kids now with the new son in law and i'm still working by my self :)

Edited by Shelby

^ that's just sad. I am sorry that they have not taken an intrest and or are to lazy to help. Some of the best times I can remember were working in the gurage with my dad. Heck I couldn't have any of the cars I do without the abilitys I learned especly not the quest.

I really think this is why we have ricers and "Kids" (if you will) now adays are such punks. They have no clue what makes a car work other then putting gas in it, and some have a hard time with that.

So what none of the kids/Grandkids are interested in cars? To young?

I hope when I have kids they like wrenching with me as much as I enjoy it with my own father. I would have loved to have had the chance to work on cars with my Grandpa/

invite one out you might be surprised. I asked my oldest son to give me a hand one day taking some things off my parts car. i really didnt expect much since it wasnt a video game. i ended up having to slow him down. he wanted to totally strip the car.

just the oposite,, think they know it all , won't listen to a thing i say , turns into an argueing match,, more peaceful to just do it my self

I think every generation has though this. I have noticed the diffrence in. when I thought like that but someone showed me hard proff I was wrong I accepted I was wrong and learned. The kids now adays are like oblivious to hard facts. You can show them the facts proving them wrong and they still go on believeing it. What has founded this?

Also I think when you stop that's when you "stop" Like my grandma up untill the day she died she would cut the lawn with a walk behind. As soon as my grandfather stoped he died like 6 months later.

you guys know i can never stop completely but the heavy stuff i'm going to have to cut out ,,durring most days i never turn the tv on and if i do i may only watch it for 10 min or so , just time to rest up

for the last bit i've try'd to stay out of the threads in the vir mech forums to see if they are carrying on , on their own , if i haven't taught a few enought to get by on their own,, by now ,may as well give up ;)

Shelby you have more car knowledge than most here combined. Write some tech how to's for us.....

That way you can work on cars without well "working on cars"

Let us young punks learn from the grumpmaster tech.............

Shelby you have more car knowledge than most here combined. Write some tech how to's for us.....

That way you can work on cars without well "working on cars"

Let us young punks learn from the grumpmaster tech.............

boy you ask'd for this

try reading those 29k posts, then stop by Starquest i-x net , you do realize that 29k is only on THIS soft ware , it dosen't count the oreg board

now when your done pull up Mike C's posts and read them,, by that time you'l be an expert,, or save the trouble and just read all Mike C's posts

PQ has work'd for 2 yrs on the SOS manual , some of the best pictorial how to's your gona find any where

Seems like you have a pretty good slave labor force built up. Make use of them.

Great, loved what you said Fanta, please remember them when I ask you for help :happy0030:

Man shelby, i wish i lived near you, id be more than willing to lend a hand. Im always trying to learn something new about wrenching.

Want to learn how to paint a motor bay, reinstall all the odds and ends, reinstall the motor and trans? You do I'll teach and drink beer. :hmm3grin2orange:

I think every generation has though this. I have noticed the diffrence in. when I thought like that but someone showed me hard proff I was wrong I accepted I was wrong and learned. The kids now adays are like oblivious to hard facts. You can show them the facts proving them wrong and they still go on believeing it. What has founded this?

Also I think when you stop that's when you "stop" Like my grandma up untill the day she died she would cut the lawn with a walk behind. As soon as my grandfather stoped he died like 6 months later.

When previous generations were shown cold hard facts and they disregarded them, they died! Today, when people disregard cold hard facts they will receive a gov't bailout or become a victim and sue! The problem is, people aren't allowed to realize consequences.

Shelby is in the condition he is in today because he earned his keep and took care of himself and his own. Those people around him who aren't lending a hand when he needs it don't realize what life will be like without him. Someday (hopefully a long time from now) they will realize what they missed since they didn't learn from him when the opportunity was presented to them.

Don't know what you've got till its gone.

pen