white smoke from my dash?

Trackcious

so i came to park my car today. my 1988 conquest tsi. 5spd. and all of sudden while i let it idle i see this verry little white smoke coming out from the dash its like 56 degrees out here. and when i look in the engine bay i dont see any signs of the smoke... the only thing i would be guessin is since the ac is out that pipe thats disconected prolly has smoke coming from out of it? is that correct or no

If the smoke was right near the head light switches, I have had a couple of cars do this. It is due to a bad contact in the switch and the dielectric grease burning. It usually is a very small amount and usually only happens when you are on the brakes for a lengthy time and happen to be in the right spot with the sun to be able to see it. Most probably have the same thing but its a very small amount and its hard to detect. you can remove the cover to the headlight sswitch on the side that the smoke came out of hold the brakes and leave your lights on and see if it does it again. If it is coming from somewhere else in the dash then i would use caution till you find it,. cause if it smoked you should see visible signs of it.

hmmph maybe it could be the heater core... or maybe one of those ill be shure to check but usually it smells burnt.

Yeah, I have the same thing happen to me. Not sure what it is but I think heater core cause mine is up around the clock area.

Wizard

Easy way to tell...if it smells sweet...heater core leak.

If it smells something like when someone's welding...electrical. (kinda ozone, metallic, rubber)

Where the smoke comes from will give the area if electrical. Could be any wires, switches, relays etc.

But I would think if it's a leaking heater core...it would be smoking from the vents.