After 8 years

eipquest

It's finally running again and it only took a week to do it , Im just happy to drive it again the only difference is the 60-1 instead of the v trim t4, it feels as strong as before on less boost im going to throw it on the dyno in a few days.

It's finally running again and it only took a week to do it , Im just happy to drive it again the only difference is the 60-1 instead of the v trim t4, it feels as strong as before on less boost im going to throw it on the dyno in a few days.

Another back on the road well done my friend well done

about 2000 I got out of racing all together but kept the car, I had to put a fuel cell,fuel pump and a turbo back on it and that was all , Ive driven it out on the road a few times the last couple of days and it feels like where i left off 8 or so years ago.

dude! I thought you were gone for good! Same as that car!

I want to see that car back on the road. That drag strip video I think is what ultimately pioneered a lot of the community to figure out an affordable MPI setup. Seriously. Your car set the example.

Im crossing my fingers that nothing is going to break everything seems to be very smooth, the tec II still has the same program in it from 9 years ago and im kinda suprised that it started right up . I was going to use two bosch fuelpumps but I used one areomotive t1000 instead. I would like to go to the track again but ofcourse I dont want to run the risk of breaking somthing a week after getting it on the road, but i will shoot for a 9 sec pass soon.

Dude, I remember scoping your car out at EIP when I went up there to buy their MPI setup. That car is retarded fast...glad to see you back at it. I was dissapointed when EIP got out of the quest game and went all out VW.

Sounds like we need to make some changes to this little article then.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1231/cjmhukis5nj6bsfot7.jpg

Welcome back. Your and your car are two great inspirations for a lot of new StarQuesters, including myself.

Edited by Dave-O

I haven't lived in MD for sometime so I wasnt aware that they went out of business. When did that happen? I thought they were doing well in the VW market only issue is that the shop was located in the middle of no where.

Blowing up the image I posted earlier yields 479.9 hp and 574.0 lb.ft. Definitely no slouch in any regard.

There are a few cars in Phinko's HP Club threads that are making more hp than tq, could be due to tuning and cam selection.

There is a radiator shop in Jessup that makes DOT approved ones. I was going to get some made. The owner is really cool too he was suggesting if I bought some in he would make them on an ad-hoc basis . I am getting oil cooler lines made there atm. I left the info at home but I can pm it to you later.

Im going to get some new video soon and some pics to post. If anyone knows where I can get steel braided brake lines let me know , I could just have them made but that's a hassel.

I am not a big TEP person but they have the lines I have used them on a few cars worked out good I always put some clear tubing on them where they might rub.

I just wanted to say the vid. Of your car is the main reason I became active in the 2.6L Drag racing. My Goal was to be faster then your blue car. We started with my brothers Blue car. We started with the stock modified manifold got a 12.9 at 13psi then switched to a costume cam and a header I build and got a 12.6 at 13psiwe thought we would try to up the boost and add more fuel pressure. I was dumb at the time trying this with 550cc injectors had a base of 89Psi and then 1:1 on the boost well we made 2 passes at 15psi and got a 12.49 and then added a bit more fuel still to lean got a 12.41 and well blew the fuel rail off and had a car fire. I know we were a long way from where your car is but we were testing stuff out on the blue car I had bought a white quest and had been working on that bought a build 700R4 with a 3800 stall we did a lot of planning had been talking to some guys that ran 9flat in a 2.6 powered rail car (Down Under) Bought a cam from the guy that build there motor. Bought the same head they were using ported the crap out of it 51mm intake about the same size as the OD of the stock intake. Any how got married and sold much of the stuff. I am getting back in to the 2.6 making a nicely powered 5 door Montero any how hope I can meet up with you some time at the track would love to see you race the car!. Been 3 years 1 time been to the drag way..... used to be 3-4 times a week raced in I think it is 6 states and about 11 places Iowa to Fl to VA and my home state of Michigan a lot.

it is 6 states and about 11 places Iowa to Fl to VA and my home state of Michigan a lot.

Glad to hear your back!!