Competition Clutch kits with 15lb flywheel

batdude8

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clutch and flywheel are great and Dan is a top notch guy but the last combo a just purchased came with a plastic throwout bearing. It was singing after 150 miles. My other 3 combos had factory appearing bearings and after buying 4 kits never once got a shirt, but for our deal it's worth it.

The clutch and flywheel are great and Dan is a top notch guy but the last combo a just purchased came with a plastic throwout bearing. It was singing after 150 miles. My other 3 combos had factory appearing bearings and after buying 4 kits never once got a shirt, but for our deal it's worth it.

Do you ever be around with your car? I never seen your car out in CT and I work at hoffman's Lexus in Easthartford.

• 3 weeks later...
This question is made for the noobies thread, but since it's on the topic of flywheels/clutch, I have a 86 Turbo starion that I intend to daily. I imagine getting into a few drag matches on the freeway. I don't have or intend on making any modifications as I am the original owner of the car so I'm mostly restoring it. Do I need to stick with 225mm flywheel/clutch set up or would it be ok to do the 240mm? Thanks!

thats a personal preference. most say a 240 is better but it really comes down to what you want.

going to a 240 would never hurt but if your a die hard and want to keep it stock right down to the 225 flywheel then 225.

again personal preference. what do you want?

Edited by importwarrior

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...