Competition Clutch kits with 15lb flywheel

batdude8

How much for just the Stage 2 clutch kit, no flywheel? That's with the 225 mm drill pattern, if there's a difference with those.

List is $395 for the 225mm clutch. I am currently out of stock on the plate for the 225mm. It could be a while before I get more 225mm plates. You would be better off getting the 240mm clutch and flywheel kit for $495. Let me know what you want to do.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really like the stage 4.

and it got here fast...

received it the day after purchase.

found something interesting during the install.....

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/1853/050910aE_004.jpg

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/1853/050910aE_007.jpg

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/1853/050910aE_014.jpg

.....and i suspected the throwout bearing going out....

thanks Dan for the fast service and great deal!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TTT

BTW, someone on here is getting $350 from Competition Clutch because they placed first and second in a event and had our clutch in their Starion......

GET PAID TO RACE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Just called and spoke with a very knowlegable sales rep named Tammy. After reading the reviews and speaking with the staff I ordered a Stage 4 Combo kit.

I look forward to receiving it :)

Thanks,

Phillip_411

Phillip_411@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

**UPDATE**

Guys, these are STILL avaliable!!! I will even honor the ORIGINAL price I set 3 years ago. $495 shipped for those on the forums. I have 5 avaliable that can ship immediatlty. please do not send me a PM, please EMAIL me, dan@competitionclutch.com or call 800-809-6598 and we can get you back up and running!

Thanks Guys!

Anyone else having issues with the 6 pucks, I've destroyed 3 of these things now. One was warrantied. They keep bending the spring retaining tabs, then the springs fall out of the hub. I bought 2 of the stage 4 kits and one of the stage 2 kits, The first stage 4 kit made noise right out of the box, it was the springs being loose, that one was warrantied. Meanwhile the 2nd stage 4 kit blew the springs. Got the 1st warranty disc back in the car, then it blew the springs apart, All are out of warranty by now of course. The stage 2 kit seems to be doing great behind a mildly modified g54. Love the revs with the lightened flywheel though!!

Anyone else having issues with the 6 pucks, I've destroyed 3 of these things now. One was warrantied. They keep bending the spring retaining tabs, then the springs fall out of the hub. I bought 2 of the stage 4 kits and one of the stage 2 kits, The first stage 4 kit made noise right out of the box, it was the springs being loose, that one was warrantied. Meanwhile the 2nd stage 4 kit blew the springs. Got the 1st warranty disc back in the car, then it blew the springs apart, All are out of warranty by now of course. The stage 2 kit seems to be doing great behind a mildly modified g54. Love the revs with the lightened flywheel though!!

did you get the flywheel combo? How many miles on the clutch when it started to mess up?

Edited by lionbull

Yes, got the flywheel combo with all 3 setups. the first one to go out went immediately. It was making noise before the car was off the jackstands. That's the one that got sent back. The second one made it about 3 months/1500 miles. Granted, those were very hard miles, alot of clutch dumps, hard shifting, etc.... and that was in a car that ran 11.5's on the juice. The replacement disc made it about the same 3 months but alot more miles, probably closer to 5000, but those were alot kinder miles. The car currently has an act full face disc in it for the last 6 months. no issues as of yet using the flywheel, pressure plate and throwout bearing that was included in the kit.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...