StarQuest Nationals 2009

UlrichWolf

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have put this on every other meet thread, so I might as well put it here too.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/jolyrgr/IMG_0781.JPG

That is a sneak peek at the official meet shirt. Everyone who registers (extra shirts available at the time of registration) will receive one of these, in the size of their choice, with the welcome packet. The coordination staff is working hard to make this the best meet yet, so keep checking back for more announcements.

JR

I have officially REGISTERED for the event. Come on people, I live close to 17 Hours - 1,000 miles away from this joint...and I'm gonna be there. I don't wanna hear any belly-aching. Register Today. :)

Coke

Indeed. PF was 1100 miles and the Englishtown meets of the old days were 1700 for me. This is a stone's throw for me so hopefully I will make it barring any issues with work. :D

Thanks for the :thumbsup: ,im going Vegas to Houston to hook up with my bro and convoy with Colin from Houston to Branson,anyone in Texas is more than welcome to join the Texas SQ train, we are both getting our respective 86's roadtrip ready as i type. :driving:
I might have to rendevous with you out of Austin on your way to Houston.

Thanks for the :thumbsup: ,im going Vegas to Houston to hook up with my bro and convoy with Colin from Houston to Branson,anyone in Texas is more than welcome to join the Texas SQ train, we are both getting our respective 86's roadtrip ready as i type. :driving:

Coming through I-10? If I can get my issue fixed I might set aside time to convoy with you, or trailer it if it is still acting up on me. Is there a category for best looking, non-drivable quest? lol. (sorry Maz, I'm working on it!)

Austin dude,will give you a shout when im in Houston,im going a few days early so i can deliver parts and assist my brother on some wrenching duties first,will p.m you nearer the time,Averse dude,yes I-10,will give you a shout also. Scotty Edited by scottygibb

Just registered and i can hardly wait. I always have a conflict with work. Hard to believe no conflict with work, and I am in Arkansas and the meet is in Missouri! How can I miss that? That's easy I can't!!!

See you there

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone looking to share a room?

As of now, I will be needing to share a room, but if D_Venable ends up going he and I will likely room together. So, I'll be on the list, but if someone else confirms first, I suppose they should get it. :) It's hard to tell if this post is worth anything. :character0285:

AND WE HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!

Some of you wanted drag racing, well, we got it!

Turns out, a track in Springfield is doing a test and tune sort of thing that Friday night.

Ozark Raceway, in Springfield, MO

DRAG STRIP SITE HERE

Entry fees are 15 to race, 10 to watch, run whatcha brung.

Here's the rules!

DRAG STRIP RULES HERE

Tim

Edited by UlrichWolf

I just got off the phone with the owner of the race track.

They will set aside a spot at the track specifically for us! I will have to keep them updated on a decent car count, so sometime right before this all jumps off, I'll ask everyone who all thinks they will go, so I can tell them how many of us will be there, they will also want to know how many of us are trailering cars to the track. They want all this, so they can set us up with enough room.

Couple of other things.....

Gates will open at 3 pm, track starts getting run around 5, and will close about 11 o clock.

There's a reason to be there early!

I will add this to the main post.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...
Just registered! :taz: Look forward to meeting some new people and catching up with others. Should be lots of fun.
Right on Damon :thumbsup: ,yet another carpark you and i will meet in,i will be in the bar as previously discussed in the carpark in California. :hmm3grin2orange: Edited by scottygibb

As of now, I will be needing to share a room, but if D_Venable ends up going he and I will likely room together. So, I'll be on the list, but if someone else confirms first, I suppose they should get it. :) It's hard to tell if this post is worth anything. :character0285:

Keep me in the loop, in the meantime, offer still stands I pay half.

Indeed. PF was 1100 miles and the Englishtown meets of the old days were 1700 for me. This is a stone's throw for me so hopefully I will make it barring any issues with work. :D

We'll be coming up to DFW thursday night and finding a place to stay there, then caravan up with the DFW guys friday. We'll be coming from San Antonio and heading up thru Austin Thursday night around 6-7 pm.

Im registered with an extra t-shirt for my bro whos comming along. Its going to be great to meet everyone and play for a few days.... :party0009: :party0009: .

Jswan

So does that put me back in the running for longest distance driven to make this one?

BTW I won't be staying at the same hotel as you guys. I've been shopping around and found some better prices that'll fit me and her a little bit better. (a room with 2 beds and a couch is just too much for the 2 of us). Debating having her drive her bug along or possibly renting a car out there depending how far everything is and if I'll be leaving the car at the showgrounds while I go somewhere. Maybe I'll take a cab... lol eh I'll figure that out later. Still have a torque tube and CVs to replace before the trip.