National Meet

PDodson

If anybody is needing a roomie to share room expenses with, please holla at me

BTW I am in the Colorado Area.......I will be leaving from Pueblo, Co

I think DzNutz is in Loveland, Co

anybody from Utah area going to Nats?

Edited by PDodson

i would say you can room with me but it should be pretty crowed in the car already with me and the GF sleeping in the hatch. your welcome to take a upright sleeping position in a front seat if you like.

it will take all our savings just to get there and back so we are seriously gonna fold down the rears and camp out in the hatch. i will be like a mini teardrop trailer.

i would say you can room with me but it should be pretty crowed in the car already with me and the GF sleeping in the hatch. your welcome to take a upright sleeping position in a front seat if you like.

it will take all our savings just to get there and back so we are seriously gonna fold down the rears and camp out in the hatch. i will be like a mini teardrop trailer.

Done a lot of car camping,thou not so much since my divorce,you can get quite comfortable in a Starion. B)

Honestly you 2 I never thought of camping in the back of my quest. I'm not sure I fit back there but now you got me thinking about it. If it wasn't 2 AM I would go out right now and see how comfortable it was. Unfortunatly while quest camping might be fun it lacks amenities the wife is accustomed to like a shower and bathroom.

Honestly you 2 I never thought of camping in the back of my quest. I'm not sure I fit back there but now you got me thinking about it. If it wasn't 2 AM I would go out right now and see how comfortable it was. Unfortunatly while quest camping might be fun it lacks amenities the wife is accustomed to like a shower and bathroom.

Your not kidding about the wife thing....I think a Vegas cheap room for 50 bucks and hit up members along the way like maybe Tim_C near Grand Juction Colorado...then straight to Denver about 3 hours...To Kansas border about 4 hours from Denver..

Wish I was in Denver already then you could stay over at our house and we could caravan the rest of the way..

Next nationals maybe...

Best of Luck Roberto

Your not kidding about the wife thing....I think a Vegas cheap room for 50 bucks and hit up members along the way like maybe Tim_C near Grand Juction Colorado...then straight to Denver about 3 hours...To Kansas border about 4 hours from Denver..

Wish I was in Denver already then you could stay over at our house and we could caravan the rest of the way..

Next nationals maybe...

Best of Luck Roberto

My wife is pretty cool. I think she would dig camping in the car. Maybe I should bring a portable BBQ, then we could have beer and a campfire for those camping in their cars.

Roberto why don't you take a small vacation and fly out here. You can ride with us to the nats.

My wife is pretty cool. I think she would dig camping in the car. Maybe I should bring a portable BBQ, then we could have beer and a campfire for those camping in their cars.

Roberto why don't you take a small vacation and fly out here. You can ride with us to the nats.

Love to but can't my friend I am paycheck to paycheck right now every extra cent will be for the move.. But I promise we will have a beer or 25 hehe. My wife thinks we should all meet next year in Vegas or something go bother Scotty aswell..

As far as camping in the car I used to take a small mat to level out the back with the backseats down...It worked well.. I took the sunroof off put it under the car, in its bag.. Put some mesh with fishing weights to hold it in place.. nice and cool with no bugs....

Take lots of pictures too for me..

I am already thinking of a major meet in Vegas...if we can get enough people we should get some awesome rates..

Love to but can't my friend I am paycheck to paycheck right now every extra cent will be for the move.. But I promise we will have a beer or 25 hehe. My wife thinks we should all meet next year in Vegas or something go bother Scotty aswell..

As far as camping in the car I used to take a small mat to level out the back with the backseats down...It worked well.. I took the sunroof off put it under the car, in its bag.. Put some mesh with fishing weights to hold it in place.. nice and cool with no bugs....

Take lots of pictures too for me..

I am already thinking of a major meet in Vegas...if we can get enough people we should get some awesome rates..

I hear ya, I'm pretty much in the same situation. I've never actually been to vegas

What?! There is like 4.5ft between the back of the rear hatch and the front seats. That's going to incredibly uncomfortable unless you guys are midgets.

Bring a blowup mattress and a couple sleeping bags. I guarantee someone will let you guys crash in their room.

Next nationals maybe...

Best of Luck Roberto

only problem with PM'ing Tim C he is not registered for nats so I dont think he is going.....

Well, I would never want to sleep in a car. I tried once, but failed and had to go inside at the place where I was, which wasn't much better, but at least it was warm and not a car. And that car was a station wagon. You will never fit two people in a quest. Once I get my room situation figured out, you can sleep on an air mattress on the floor. So much better than in a car.

I hear ya, I'm pretty much in the same situation. I've never actually been to vegas
Everyone wants to see Vegas one time in thier lives,a lot of car clubs hold meets here,Mopars at the Strip for instance is a huge event here and plenty to do here, well because it VEGAS,id like to see an SQ event here, i might attend thou its a long drive for me :hmm3grin2orange:

Everyone that wants to sleep in their cars for the event can stay in a tent. I got that idea from my friend who attends VW meets all over the place he looks for campsites and brings a tent. It saves him a bundle and there are surprisingly a lot of people who do that. He went to one show where he had to share a site because all the places were full with VW guys. A cheap two person tent is like 25 bucks from Wal-Mart Just a thought. (If someone already mentioned it, my bad)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1...esults&cd=1

Guys.

The hotel and show complex will probably get really cranky about people sleeping in their cars, and likely downright irritated at tents. We did negotiate suites on the idea that some people would have to room together.

Check this out.

Each suite has two beds, and a sofa with a rollaway bed. So, for 3 hetero people, that's each a comfy, non-intrusive place to sleep, and at the listed price of 64.95 a night, that comes to 21.65 plus tax, per person. And don't forget, that you all will get a free breakfast buffet each morning for staying at the hotel.

We engineered this meet because we figured people would have little cash to blow, and we're trying real hard to keep people from getting tickets for vagrancy, or backaches, or anything.

If there's issues, talk to me!

Tim

EDIT: Now, if you're just DYING to camp out.....in a tent.....ugh......there are campgrounds scattered around the area, and we can help you find one, if need be.

Edited by UlrichWolf

Guys.

The hotel and show complex will probably get really cranky about people sleeping in their cars, and likely downright irritated at tents. We did negotiate suites on the idea that some people would have to room together.

Check this out.

Each suite has two beds, and a sofa with a rollaway bed. So, for 3 hetero people, that's each a comfy, non-intrusive place to sleep, and at the listed price of 64.95 a night, that comes to 21.65 plus tax, per person. And don't forget, that you all will get a free breakfast buffet each morning for staying at the hotel.

We engineered this meet because we figured people would have little cash to blow, and we're trying real hard to keep people from getting tickets for vagrancy, or backaches, or anything.

If there's issues, talk to me!

Tim

EDIT: Now, if you're just DYING to camp out.....in a tent.....ugh......there are campgrounds scattered around the area, and we can help you find one, if need be.

Now the tent idea sounds cool but just like you stated I'm assuming they will not allow tents. I just looked at the hatch area of my quest and no way will it be comfy back there. I don't think I will even fit back there. Sleeping in a reclined drivers seat is doable but not really that comfy either. A hotel it will have to be.

Now my 67 Galaxie is completely different. 3 people can sleep comfortably and streched out in that car. I've slept in that car several times.