replacing crank pulley....need help

uconn1150

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone,

I'm having trouble removing my crank bolt. Counter-clockwise right? 5 speed set in 4th and parking brake on. Will it come off with a cheater bar?

Thanks!

Edited by uconn1150

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone,

I'm having trouble removing my crank bolt. Counter-clockwise right? 5 speed set in 4th and parking brake on. Will it come off with a cheater bar?

Thanks!

Comes off with an impact gun, if you have one, otherwise yes, counter clockwise and leverage is your friend.

DO NOT DO THIS BUT THIS IS HOW I GET THE TIGHT ONES THAT THERE ISNT ROOM FOR AN IMPACT

I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR GETTING HURT.

you "could" get a long breaker bar and hold the breaker bar as a "friend" hits the key to crank to motor have the starter do the work for you.

DO NOT DO THIS BUT THIS IS HOW I GET THE TIGHT ONES THAT THERE ISNT ROOM FOR AN IMPACT

I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR GETTING HURT.

you "could" get a long breaker bar and hold the breaker bar as a "friend" hits the key to crank to motor have the starter do the work for you.

Yeah,.......... good call on DO NOT DO THIS if the bolt doesn't come loose you could get seriously hurt.

An impact works well but on some imports the botl is on so tight a brand new impact wont get it off. For just such an occasion I have a special tool for that. I use a CO2 tank and regulator with an air hose fitting. Gas the regulator up to 300PSI and connect it to your impact. That will get almost any bolt off. Don't worry your impact can take the abuse. I've never broken an impact this way. But still I use this as a last resort option.

Just use the breaker bar. I've accidentally done this and it worked perfectly, although I wasn't trying to do it.

Make sure the breaker bar is on the driver side of the car under the frame rail or that debris guard, then hit the starter, it'll break free really quick.

Just use the breaker bar. I've accidentally done this and it worked perfectly, although I wasn't trying to do it.

Make sure the breaker bar is on the driver side of the car under the frame rail or that debris guard, then hit the starter, it'll break free really quick.

Only bone head way to mess this up is

Leaving the car in gear & / or leaving the coil wire on. Just bump the starter to pop the bolt loose.

23 or 24 mm i forget + 1/2 breaker = success

Only bone head way to mess this up is

Leaving the car in gear & / or leaving the coil wire on. Just bump the starter to pop the bolt loose.

23 or 24 mm i forget + 1/2 breaker = success

22, I believe, same as the cam gear.

Edited by chiplee

Guest Needpartss
yes it is a 22mm:) when i do it with the starter i use the drivers side frame rail instead of the ground. lol so many replies tell you to use the starter.