alternating injection

it DOES matter.

bank 1 is 1+4 and bank 2 is 2+3.

1+3 2+4 you will get some screwed up afrs, maybe crack a head if you dont have an EGT. luckily i had an egt, so when it went to 1500 randomly I knew.

Edited by button

Holy Jeebus! Well then i will get that taken care of IMMEDIATELY!! That may have contributed to the blown head gasket I bet.

I do have an EGT and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. But I believe you!!

Glad I replied to this one

Injector 1----------------------- Bank 1 ~~MS Green Thick Wire

Injector 2----------------------- Bank 2 ~~MS Blue Thick Wire

Injector 3----------------------- Bank 2 ~~MS Blue Thick Wire

Injector 4----------------------- Bank 1 ~~MS Green Thick Wire

thats how i wired mine up. the fire order is 1342.

you can wire them up any way for simultaneous but know

that unless wired like above you can not change it to alternating.

if you wire it like shown above then you can run either simultaneous or alternating.

Edited by importwarrior

• 1 month later...

simple trick is take any firing order 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2

1 8 4 3

6 5 7 2

slpit it in half and put the second half below the first

1 3 4 2

1 3

4 2

works every time the whole idea is that when 1 is at tdc compression that 4 with be at tdc exhaust

the oem batch fired for a very long time

I understand that, but what is happening with the fuel by firing injectors 1&4 and 2&3 together? the way it seems to me it really shouldnt matter in which pairing you fire them because even if you fire 1&4 together, before 4 has had a chance to use the fuel some of it is gonna be sent out the exhaust due to valve overlap.

its not an issue of fuel overlap or 'fuel usage'. basically if you batch fire 4 and 1 together, it'll mean that every time the injectors fire, it'll be spraying at either and OPEN intake valve or or CLOSED intake valve. like so:

1st fire: open 1, closed 4

2nd fire: open 4, closed 1

3rd fire: open 1, closed 4

4th fire: open 4, closed 1

and so on. the injector to valve to cylinder cycles are even. the have a timing that goes in order with each other in some form

if you were to say, attempt to batch for an odd pair, like, 1 and 2, (or 3 & 4) it would go (something) like this

1st fire: open 1, partly closing 2

2nd fire: partly opening 2, closed 1

3rd fire: open 1, partly closing 2

4th fire: partly opening 2, closed 1

and so on. you'd be missing the optimal timing 50% of the time.

basically because the the odd pairs aren't 180 degrees apart in cycle, the placement of valve opening and ignition firing aren't going to line up with the timing of the batch injector signals, because batch injector signals are always going to be 'even'.

i hope that explained it.