FuelinjectionPro

Thats exactly what I wanted to know Jms, and this temp set point can be adjusted in the software like Ed said right?

BaltTSI,

I have yet to start my motor even though all is setup to go. I'm waiting on powdercoating. When I talked to Ed, he gave me the impression that this temporary ground, was dictated by the CTS. I'm not aware that there are adjustments in the software for this item. To clear this point up, contact him and please do let us know what he said.

Rgds,

Jms

Ed,

I have your TBPRO...not MPI but I figured the forum was appropriate. Can you please send me some stuff via e-mail or post in here. I need the wiring diagram for msd6al with 8910 tach adapter. I also need your base tune map for TBPRO2. I CANNOT get rid of eratic tach signal and eratic o2 readings....Please let me konw what you think.

Braden

Hey BOHO, I had the same problem with my TBPro2r, Tach spikes, all mine turned out to be was the wire coming off the distributor needed to be moved, I simply moved that wire towards the firewall a few inches and wire tied it, and the problem went away, so it can be a little sensitive to where you have things I think, worth a try.

Was your caravan ign module inside the distributor or out? I can't do anything with the car until I get this figured out...its impossible to tune.

If you're using the caravan module (the CR-125). it should be inside the dist. instead of the stock module.

Also, are you using a tach adapter with whatever ignition box you're using?

Zack

Zac....Right now the cr-125 is the only ignition module I'm using...I could not get it to work with msd 6al....I'm trying to get the wiring diagram so I can try it again. I've got it mounted inside the dizzy...and a coil...thats it.....but can't get rid of eratic tach. I had the setup with the msd 6al and 8910 tach adapter and was losing tach signal....

Braden

Zac....Right now the cr-125 is the only ignition module I'm using...I could not get it to work with msd 6al....I'm trying to get the wiring diagram so I can try it again. I've got it mounted inside the dizzy...and a coil...thats it.....but can't get rid of eratic tach. I had the setup with the msd 6al and 8910 tach adapter and was losing tach signal....

Braden

That's the same exact setup I'm using (except I'm using the Mallory 6A box). Do you have the orange wire that comes from the FIP ecu wired correctly?

All the wires that come from the dist., the tach adapter, and the ignition box are wired in a junction together......

Zack

• 2 weeks later...
Ed,

I have your TBPRO...not MPI but I figured the forum was appropriate. Can you please send me some stuff via e-mail or post in here. I need the wiring diagram for msd6al with 8910 tach adapter. I also need your base tune map for TBPRO2. I CANNOT get rid of eratic tach signal and eratic o2 readings....Please let me konw what you think.

Braden

Here is the connection diagram.

Also be sure to keep all sensor wires away from the coil, msd, spark plug wires.

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/edwardcase00/images/MSD_CARV_DIST.JPG

Edited by FuelinjectionPro

• 3 weeks later...
I have a drawing I will post.

Ed

i would like this pinout as well. could be most helpfull in some cases.

ive got this same tach signal problem that boho has. i even replaced the tach signal wire with shielded wire and also moved this wire away from anything as best possible. gave the car an axsload of grounds and nothing has helped. using fc-1s to control mpi. with caravan module. any tips or tricks to get rid of the erratic tach signal.

I ran into a problem where both the Fuel/ignition computers were not blinking during crank time and the engine would not start until I sprayed starting fluid in the manifold and once the engine cranked the fuel/ignition computers started blinking and engine ran find, so I rewired the computers giving them their own power/ground, now the computers blink but i still have starting issues, still using the starting fluid. Whats the deal?

how fresh is the battery? I've found on some other systems that a low battery will cause cranking voltage to drop so low that the ECU/ignitor can't function propeprly. It will work, but only intermitantly and spark will be too weak to fire on air/fuel alone (so the starter fluid is needed).

Once running, the alternator bumps the voltage up so the low voltage weak spark problem is gone.

What's the best setting to leave (in EGO feedback, on the "enrichments" page, on the "ignition events per step" line), after you've done everything else, and finished up your VE table?? 32?? 64? 72?

Thanks, Zack

Edited by zactek

• 1 month later...

Hi Ed,

Great to see you're back. I tried contacting you or Scott for a while earlier this year but I didn't know you were away.

The FIP is still running strong. I did want to know what Scott uses in his pickup to raise his idle when cold, and when the A/C is running. I know he told me when I was at your shop, but I forgot what he said.

I hope you and Scott have a wonderful holiday.

Angel Carlo

• 2 weeks later...

Ed or anyone, I have a problem with my O2 sensor. It's a 3 wire Bosch which is less than a year old. My problem is when I'm at certain throttle position the O2 doesn't read. I either let off the gas or give it gas and it starts to read. It reads while idleing and when accelerating. I checked the TPS and found that it was giving erratic voltages when i slowly moved it. I changed it out and in MS 1 I calibrated the TPS. I left everything else the way you (ED) set it. What could be making the O2 do that? I have it in the stock position of the down pipe. I thought about moving it lower on the pipe further from the turbo to see if it helps. If that's not necessary, I'll leave it where it is. One other thing, since I changed out the TPS, it seems to be worse. I don't know if that's the culprit or coincidence. The Raider runs fine other wise but my fuel economy sucks.

Thanks,

Angel Carlo

Ed or anyone, I have a problem with my O2 sensor. It's a 3 wire Bosch which is less than a year old. My problem is when I'm at certain throttle position the O2 doesn't read. I either let off the gas or give it gas and it starts to read. It reads while idleing and when accelerating. I checked the TPS and found that it was giving erratic voltages when i slowly moved it. I changed it out and in MS 1 I calibrated the TPS. I left everything else the way you (ED) set it. What could be making the O2 do that? I have it in the stock position of the down pipe. I thought about moving it lower on the pipe further from the turbo to see if it helps. If that's not necessary, I'll leave it where it is. One other thing, since I changed out the TPS, it seems to be worse. I don't know if that's the culprit or coincidence. The Raider runs fine other wise but my fuel economy sucks.

Thanks,

Angel Carlo

thats just a flakey o2 sensor. go to the junkyard and get yourself a factory one from some ford product and youll be back in buisness. the o2 is totally seperate of the ms system and the tps.

thats just a flakey o2 sensor. go to the junkyard and get yourself a factory one from some ford product and youll be back in buisness. the o2 is totally seperate of the ms system and the tps.

You prefer a Ford O2 then a stock mitsu? It doesn't matter if it's from an 8 cyl or 4?

Thanks.