McCain picks Palin???

Lusion972

oh i see where you're coming from i think. honestly though, i pretty much expect both sides to be hypocrites and employ whatever political actions they can to win.

but, that being a given, i would rather see the Biden as a VP than Palin.

i think it was rove who said that Biden as VP was a choice to strengthen the party, because biden had experience that obama lacked, and Palin was chosen for political reasons simply as a way to get votes based on things that are actually irrelevant in ones ability to govern (hunting, good looking, woman, etc)

the worst thing about politics in america is that NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT SOMEONES ABILITY TO ACTUALLY RUN A COUNTRY.

if they did, we'd have a history of great presidents who were able to keep us out of war, keep the population healthy, keep the population intelligent, and keep us working towards something greater than watching American Idol and determining our votes by who seems most likely to have fun at a BBQ. but really, we have a handful a greats and a slew of people just making it worse for the rest of us.

/rant (sorry, i know its getting off topic)

Edited by patra_is_here

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst thing about politics in america is that NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT SOMEONES ABILITY TO ACTUALLY RUN A COUNTRY.

if they did, we'd have a history of great presidents who were able to keep us out of war, keep the population healthy, keep the population intelligent, and keep us working towards something greater than watching American Idol and determining our votes by who seems most likely to have fun at a BBQ. but really, we have a handful a greats and a slew of people just making it worse for the rest of us.

/rant (sorry, i know its getting off topic)

I wholeheartedly agree.

Oh, not as low as throwing his medals or ribbons or whatever @ the White House? Being psychological fodder for torturers who showed video of Kerry denouncing his country to POWs? Or as low as the book he authored and denying several entries in that book during his Presidential campaign?

Did you know that McCain signed a confession as a POW and was in a propaganda film and said on 60 Minutes in 1997 "I am a war criminal," "I bombed innocent women and children."

Does it matter? No not to me or the Obama campaign.

And just because no one really covered anyone going after McCain's Service @ the DNC, what about Carter talking about McCain "milking" his POW experience?

Maybe this is because his handlers are using him being a POW for every question answered when he rarely would talk about it before.

When asked about his not knowing how many houses he has, the answer was: "This is a guy who lived in one house for five and a half years -- in prison."

When asked about the cone of silence debacle, they said: "The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous."

answers to other question:

"Explaining that his favorite song was "Dancing Queen" by ABBA, he offered that his knowledge of music "stopped evolving when his plane intercepted a surface-to-air missile."

"He didn't know what there was to celebrate, he said, because he was "tied up" during the music festival."

"their boss knew what it was like to get inadequate care "from another government."

Or going after a 17 year old - in the SAME EXACT SITUATION the Democrats are supposedly fighting for in young, unwed mothers? Here's the Dems chance to ULTIMATELY show their compassion and fortify their belief that these people made unfortunate mistakes and should not be looked down upon - yet they mercilessly berate and chastise that very woman and her mother who fit the exact model of who they're supposedly fighting for - and just to win an election?

Who is going after her? Bloggers? Besides its the fact that republicans are the ones promoting abstinence only education and believing that teaching teens about birth control and making it available to them is a sin. Its the double standard and policy beliefs that people are going after not the daughter.

And I can say that without any remorse because the Dems are supposed to be the people don't judge - regardless of race, religion, status, or creed. But here we are in a strikingly similar situation. Bristol will be 18(i believe) when her child is born. Isn't there some politician who's being pushed as God's gift to Politics who was born of an 18 year old mother - and that woman is being touted as a hero while Palin and her daughter are being vilified?

That's F'n low.

Again are you referring to what some bloggers have said? Because Obama said children are off limits. His campaign is not going to go after anyone's military service or anyone's children.

Not even close to made up until last night. Might want to work on your observational skills there friend ;)

To those that think she's more qualified than Obama, you might want to do some serious fact checking. She was mayor of city of 7025 people, Wasillia Alaska. 7025 people? Carl Rove said himself, while trying to show why Virginia Governor Tim Kaine wasn't a qualified pick for Obama's VP, that Kaine had only been governor for three years, and was only Mayor of a city of 200,000 (Richmond Virginia). "not a big town", in Roves own words. He then went to say that a choice of someone like Kaine would be political, and not based on merit, due to his experience, or lack of it. Well, let's see...how long has Palin been governor? 1 year, and in a state with a little over 600,000 people? And again, how large of a city did she manage? 7025? Yeah, I guess if you buy into the idea that because she's is governor of a state with an international boarder, she has foreign policy experience. On that logic, Jesse "the Body" Ventura would have mounds of foreign policy experience after governing a state on the boarded with Canada. Back to Palin though. How many times has she left the country? Twice. To Germany, and Kuwait. Wow.

What really bothered me about her though, all came to light for me durning her speech last night. When she said that as a mayor of that HUGE 7025 person city, she actually had responsibilities, where as "Community Organizers" don't. I saw her for what she's worth, with that comment that she found so humorous. Grass roots, or community organizers are what gave this nation it's freedom from the Revolutionary War to the Civil Rights Movement, or even better in my mind "Woman Suffrage". How ignorant, and malicious she must be to make such a statement. I, personally, am tired of all the smack talk in politics. Speeches like Palin's that do nothing but try to tear people down, and in the process they tear down this great nation.

and obama and biden have been a mayor how long?

like it or not,obama has no legs to stand on.

how long has he been a senator?

and one who votes "present"?

how big was his "community" he organized?

no,she didnt talk what her plans as VP will be.In the debats,you will hear her plans.Do you think they were going to give that out before hand so Biden could plan ahead? no no...you have to be smarter than that in politics baby :hmm3grin2orange:

last nite she talked why McCain should be President over Nobama

last nite you saw someone who told exactly why the people who have issues with Obama.

you want to compare her VP credentials to His Presidential credentials.

funny,i thought obama was trying to beat McCain? is this what the dems are going to do..attack this lady...if so....I am willing to bet she will be a handful.

Edited by Star_V8_Quest

honestly in both cases i think experience and time in office are irrelevant. the future is about what you do, not what you did.

so what mccain was a war vet POW? does that somehow make him more/less unfit to govern

so what palin was mayor and then gov? what real weight, good or bad, will that possibly hold in being second in command

so obama is inexperienced in government? there have been good presidents who've both been inexperienced and very seasoned.

its all fundamentally irrelevant and its just that we are told these things matter, that these things are important.

all you need is someone who is smart and humanistic, and surrounds himself/herself with people of similar attributes. thats how you run a country in the best interests of it's populace.

honestly in both cases i think experience and time in office are irrelevant. the future is about what you do, not what you did.

so what mccain was a war vet POW? does that somehow make him more/less unfit to govern

so what palin was mayor and then gov? what real weight, good or bad, will that possibly hold in being second in command

so obama is inexperienced in government? there have been good presidents who've both been inexperienced and very seasoned.

its all fundamentally irrelevant and its just that we are told these things matter, that these things are important.

all you need is someone who is smart and humanistic, and surrounds himself/herself with people of similar attributes. thats how you run a country in the best interests of it's populace.

Until working crystal balls are mass produced and we all have one, a person's history is all we have to base decisions on. If we based true leadership of a great country on smart and humanistic, without diving into every aspect of thier lives, most of Ted Bundy's friends and neighbors would have had him qualified. Any person can get up and say " I am for change". showing that you initiated the change is what demonstrates leadership qualities. When a person has that much influence, that much power, that much responsibility, who is to say how much scrutiny is enough.

On the Palin issue, how many of you have kids? Of those that do, how much real control do you REALLY have? Parents take on the responsibility of transferring as many of the positive qualities of themselves to their kids as they can. You teach everything that time and compassion allows and HOPE it sticks. Environments, peers, history all come into play in a teenager in decisions. They ALL make stupid decisions. WE all have made stupid decisions, especially when looked at thru other's eyes. The true test is how you deal with the aftermath. The real scandal would have been if Palin had taken her daughter to an abortion, that being against her pro-life platform.

Candidates should be scrutanized. This is our representitave to the world. Who they are, what they have done, what they have believed in WILL directly influence future decisions. The President has to be "THE MAN". He(she) cannot just surround himself with capible persons and hope that the plan comes together. Personally they have to prove to ME that they can create the vision, translate that vision to the masses, motivate everyone towards that vision, energize their staff towards the goal of fulfilling that vision, and making the end result greatly benifit more than just the majority. Sadly enough, I cannot remember an election that I have voted in coming close. The more of an open mind I try to keep, the more I just want to close he door.

JR

Edited by jolyrgr

Did you know that McCain signed a confession as a POW and was in a propaganda film and said on 60 Minutes in 1997 "I am a war criminal," "I bombed innocent women and children."

Does it matter? No not to me or the Obama campaign.

Who is going after her? Bloggers? Besides its the fact that republicans are the ones promoting abstinence only education and believing that teaching teens about birth control and making it available to them is a sin. Its the double standard and policy beliefs that people are going after not the daughter.

Again are you referring to what some bloggers have said? Because Obama said children are off limits. His campaign is not going to go after anyone's military service or anyone's children.

So he signed it AS a POW? HOW? With what working hand? Do you know why McCain may have said those things AS a POW? Perhaps they told him if he didn't say that, they'd kill other POWs? Who's to say? You don't know, I don't know, and we may never know. But to compare what Kerry CHOSE to do as a FREE man cannot be compared in even the most twisted of minds to what someone was forced to do as a POW. PDX, I've valued many of your political and religious views in the topics posted on these forums, so I've come to expect MUCH more of you. To make that argument is one of the most deplorable comparisons I've ever heard.

As far as the Bloggers - alot of these bloggers are aides to the party, or have been writers for the NY Post, Time, and other "legitimate" publications. And the bloggers who aren't, are quoted or referenced by the legitimate media. So just because Obama or Clinton or whoever else publicly said, "Leave them alone," doesn't mean that the Dem's are innocent of these attacks from bloggers. Either way - somehow I don't read ANY of these blogs, yet I've heard about the articles they've written non stop for the past week.

And as far as the double standard you reference, Repb's do not attack the mothers, they attack the establishment in place that allows this to take place at a much larger rate. Just because a mother says, "Don't have sex," doesn't mean the children instantaneously stop hearing the music, movies, tv, culture, and the legally-allowed covert sex-ed teachings by public schools. When a parent is told that legally they are not to be told when sex-ed is going to be taught in their child's classroom, that's indoctrination, and the parent - no matter how responsible - is left with no alternative.

All this issue w/ Bristol Palin proves is how the current plan doesn't work. But it also shows that she's a young woman of her convictions - no matter the mistakes she's made - and should be applauded for her decision to accept responsibility for her mistake - something that can only be taught by the parents(or parental figures if you REALLY wanna split hairs on me) - as opposed to accepting the Dem's "choice" to discard that responsibility.

one thing is clear from both partys,,you will never be given a choice for a person that will not do as their party wants ,whats that mean, the statis quo will maintain as usuall

no matter who is elect'd , and this will remain so untill a non party person is elect'd

and that is not very likely due to the costs of runing for office

one thing is clear from both partys,,you will never be given a choice for a person that will not do as their party wants ,whats that mean, the statis quo will maintain as usuall

no matter who is elect'd , and this will remain so untill a non party person is elect'd

and that is not very likely due to the costs of runing for office

:iagree: That's why I'm not a Republican. Not a Democrat. Not an Independent. that's why I'm, "not affiliated with any political party". I'm a gun-carrying, Military Vet, born an raised in the south. I'm also an artist that believes in freedom of choice, universal health care, and peace. No one party is right on everything, and the growing divide that the two party system is creating has only served to weaken our nation while fattening the pockets of the already rich. The middle class is nearly gone, and people are loosing everything they've worked for on a daily basis due to a crap economy, Housing market, and out of control health care cost. What we need is someone that really cares about the country they serve. Make it like the Pope. Have all elected politicians take a vow of poverty. Set them up in a dorm in Washington. Make them true public servants. I know, unrealistic, but that's what's sad about it, we can't seem to imagine our political system any different than it is, and it's becoming more evident that the direction we're headed isn't working.

So he signed it AS a POW? HOW? With what working hand? Do you know why McCain may have said those things AS a POW? Perhaps they told him if he didn't say that, they'd kill other POWs? Who's to say? You don't know, I don't know, and we may never know. But to compare what Kerry CHOSE to do as a FREE man cannot be compared in even the most twisted of minds to what someone was forced to do as a POW. PDX, I've valued many of your political and religious views in the topics posted on these forums, so I've come to expect MUCH more of you. To make that argument is one of the most deplorable comparisons I've ever heard.

This is no argument or a comparison, none of that stuff matters although it is true, war is hell. My point is most people dont know about it because its not being used against him to assassinate his character unlike the ruthless attacks and out right lies that the right has been doing and perfecting for years.

Have you noticed all the "official" attacks from the GOP on the dems are character attacks. (except the same old "they are going to raise your taxes and take away your guns" BS) Dont vote for this guy because although he served, his service was not good enough because he did this or didnt do that and hes a traitor. Be scared of the black guy with the funny name because he is unpatriotic. Its all about making you feel angry or scared about someone based on half truths or plain out lies. And has hardly anything to do with policy. Obama is too liberal.. how does that make you feel? They want you to vote with your emotions instead of their performance in office. At same time accusing the other side of doing what they are doing 10x better.

You keep talking about what Kerry did after he got back from serving. Which somehow makes Bush into a hero for being AWOL. Do you know what the honorable McCain did when he got back? He cheated on his wife who was disfigured in an auto accident and divorced her. If Kerry did that I'm sure it would have been on the top of your list of why not to vote fore him even though stuff like that should not matter, but nothing is off limits for the GOP because the ends justify the means in the Rovian election world.

Again my point is the GOP and its network of pundits will turn anything it can into a personal character assassination and use scare tactics to keep many from voting for a Dem. Thats all they have to campaign with. They dont have a good track record on almost anything except keeping taxes low for the top at the expense of every one else. They do have a good track record of smearing the messenger when they dont like the message and it seems to work pretty good. Smear and try to discredit the person if you cant discredit the facts, thats how they do it.

I think McCain is the best choice for the GOP, he is a good man and went though living hell as a POW.

The thing is, he talks about change. But he cant change the republican party or its policies that have got us to where we are at right now.

PS. No one should be married to their party. It just means no matter how bad they screw up you'll still vote for them.

The problem is that Junior screwed everything up so bad that this nation won't be voting to put another republican into the office. We just can't afford to do so. I am a republican but can't stand the right wing. They have blown it for all of us.

I hope Obama doesn't screw things up because thanks to Junior, he will be our next president.

The problem is that Junior screwed everything up so bad that this nation won't be voting to put another republican into the office. We just can't afford to do so. I am a republican but can't stand the right wing. They have blown it for all of us.

I hope Obama doesn't screw things up because thanks to Junior, he will be our next president.

i wouldnt put alot of money on it

i wouldnt put alot of money on it

I remember hearing about how Clinton was going to make the economy so much worse than it already was back in '92.

So I voted for Bush Sr.

And after the election not one republican voted for Clintons economic plan. They said it was going to be so bad, the sky was falling, blah blah blah.

It will be Ok. Either way, us SQers will get through it together. :fight: :chair: :hug: :usa: :driving: :D

yawwwnnn...

These speeches, they are all one big show. Osama and McPain saying im gonna do this, im gonna do that....Yea right, nothing is going to change. Its all about getting the voet and telling people what they want to hear, its not based upon anything substantial.

blah blah blah

Still havent figured out how to make this all post up the way I want it. Sorry about the chop.

Obama graduated with a B.A. from Columbia in 1983, then worked at Business International Corporation and New York Public Interest Research Group.

Obama entered Harvard Law School in late 1988 and at the end of his first year was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review based on his grades and a writing competition.In his second year he was elected president of the Law Review, a full-time volunteer position functioning as editor-in-chief and supervising the law review's staff of 80 editors.Obama's election in February 1990 as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review was widely reported and followed by several long, detailed profiles.He graduated with a J.D. magna *** laude from Harvard in 1991 and returned to Chicago where he had worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley & Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.

The publicity from his election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review led to a contract and advance to write a book about race relations.In an effort to recruit him to their faculty, the University of Chicago Law School provided Obama with a fellowship and an office to work on his book.He originally planned to finish the book in one year, but it took much longer as the book evolved into a personal memoir. In order to work without interruptions, Obama and his wife, Michelle, traveled to Bali where he wrote for several months. The manuscript was finally published as Dreams from My Father in mid-1995.

Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years, as a Lecturer for four years (19921996), and as a Senior Lecturer for eight years (19962004).

and obama and biden have been a mayor how long?

like it or not,obama has no legs to stand on.

Obama has excelled at every turn in his adult life. Biden is well-versed in foreign affairs. McCain graduated 895th out of 899. There were only 4 people worse than him in his military class. The hockey mom, although a hottie, has got too many "God, prolife, and pro-big-business" ideas projecting for me to think about her.

how long has he been a senator?

and one who votes "present"?

..and John McCain has missed more votes in his history as a Senator than ANYBODY in office, except for one man who's been in a coma.

how big was his "community" he organized?

no,she didnt talk what her plans as VP will be.In the debats,you will hear her plans.Do you think they were going to give that out before hand so Biden could plan ahead? no no...you have to be smarter than that in politics baby :hmm3grin2orange:

Doesn't really matter what she announces as her plans. She can proclaim "Barracuda" all she wants, Biden will eat her alive in the debates.

last nite she talked why McCain should be President over Nobama

Because he was a POW. That's the only qualification he's running on. Certainly not on his voting record where he consistantly votes in lock-step with Bush, against benefits for the military, and against the common man. And certainly not on his introduced legislation. The man was against lobbyists but has dozens of them on his staff. He back-pedals at every turn when it's politically advantageous. In 2000 the Bush team SLAMMED him. They nicknamed him "the chucklehead candidate", claimed he was bisexual, and claimed he had a black "love-child". Can you imagine what that did to his family? Doesn't matter. Now he's aligned with the Bush admin. If it'd been me I'd have had NOTHING to do with the people that drug me through the mud, no matter what the price. What does that say about his character?

last nite you saw someone who told exactly why the people who have issues with Obama.

It's a smoke-show. They're playing on emotions, throwing mud, avoiding the important issues, try to make people like the arrearance of who they are, nevermind their accomplishments or qualifications. I don't want a bible thumper who preaches one thing and lives by another to be backup to the man who can't remember how many houses he owns. Face it, he's 72 years old. I'm not dissing him on his age, my dad's in his 70's, but I wouldn't want him running the country either. They're just not as sharp as they should be if they're going to make decisions that'll affect everybody in the country.

you want to compare her VP credentials to His Presidential credentials.

funny,i thought obama was trying to beat McCain? is this what the dems are going to do..attack this lady...if so....I am willing to bet she will be a handful.

Funny how Obama has debunked all the BS the McCain/Rove clan has thrown out. Now Johnny's working another tactic to entrance people. Let's bring in a good looking 40 something, let her flash her pretty eyes and talk about beauty pageants, throw out a few catch-phrases, and forget about the issues with her own family (pg daughter by a guy who declares he doesn't want kids, and troopergate) so we can scam our way into power and continue the failing Bush policies.