earliest widebody

SOTTY

Dom Joseph up there in Oregan has a real nice 86 tsi he bought new,it was made in May 85 only a month after my 85.5 intercooled flatbody Starion,any 86 tsi models ive had and there has been a few,have all had apr/may 86 build dates,anyone ever come across a widebody as early as Dom's? curious.

Hey Scotty....It would be interesting to note that my widebody car also has the '85 intercooled flat body badging.

The last car I saw the same emblems on was the Dodge Conquest / Technica that was the owner's demo at the Dodge dealership where I worked as a technician over 22 years ago.

My car which we were thinking was a prototype is an 85, but no chassis numbers or vin to confirm.

Still has 4 stub hubs.

My other 85 is a intercooled narrow body with 5 stud hubs. :confused0024:

There is a white widebody in a junkyard near me that is not intercooled, has 4 lug hubs and wheels, and base model seats with short headrests. It also had dual pillar side vents, which are now in my collection. Brown interior, 5sp with chrome 85 style radio. Its a Starion

the vin number will tell you most of what you need, the last 6 are the sequential serial number, if it's really low, then you have a very early production car.

the vin number will tell you most of what you need, the last 6 are the sequential serial number, if it's really low, then you have a very early production car.

First wide body TSi on the west coast according to Chrysler zone archives. Shipped from Nagoya, Japan Oct 1985.

earliest widebody was the 84 awd starion. Never made production though. so your rear wheel steer widebody is 4 lug?

Yes and non intercooled.

Kreal got any pics of the white one? Its a bit different, thought you'd have it in your collection :P

First wide body TSi on the west coast according to Chrysler zone archives. Shipped from Nagoya, Japan Oct 1985.

Wow, thats cool! first one on the west coast.

My Dad bought an 85.5 Starion brand new, then the widebody's came out I thought crap! If he just would have waited a few months. LOL

He still has it and its still like new.

Hey guys,

Next time I'm there I'll sneak my camera in and get pics. Its been about 4 years since I've been there and I didn't have a camera on my cell phone before, so no pics. I do hope the car is still there! ! It was in poor shape when I last saw it, but it had been sitting there for a very long time from the looks of it, hopefully its a 'keeper' and not a 'crusher'. The yard is actually about 45 minutes from where I live. I heard of the car from a guy who was into SQs a while back, he told me to go see it. When I went up there and said to the old man ' I hear you've got a Starion/Conquest? ' he says ' Yes I do, follow me ' and takes me to an Eagle Talon, hehe. While digging in the back of the lot, I spotted the quest sitting in the weeds.

earliest widebody was the 84 awd starion. Never made production though. so your rear wheel steer widebody is 4 lug?

88 ESi maybe? What a shame. After 4 years I'm sure it's been crushed.

• 1 month later...
Prodution date on my 86 TSI is Sept '85.

I just this mourning bought a 86 Flatty Technica that was produced 8/85, probably one of the last flattys produced. While yours is probably one early production widebody.

-GCNTSi.

Edited by GCNTSi

I just this mourning bought a 86 Flatty Technica that was produced 8/85, probably one of the last flattys produced. While yours is probably one early production widebody.

-GCNTSi.

Flatty's were produced in 87 as well, but your still close to the end of an era.

Kane

-GCNTSi.

Pics pics pics damn you

Pics pics pics damn you

Well I just got it towed from the lot I bought it from today. I'll probably start working on it next week to see if I can get it running again without fully rebuilding the motor. Balance shaft seized up.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/Quest%20Build/BlackQuest/DSCN0423.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/Quest%20Build/BlackQuest/DSCN0422.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/Quest%20Build/BlackQuest/DSCN0424.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/Quest%20Build/BlackQuest/DSCN0425.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/gcntsi/Quest%20Build/BlackQuest/DSCN0426.jpg

It's amazing how good shape this is in, the seats are the softest I've ever seen in any StarQuest, no rust at all, new tires, clutch, exhaust, and turbo.

-GCNTSi.

Edited by GCNTSi