You propabably shouldn't shop at this autoparts store when....

Scotty Dont

you tell them you have an 87 Mitsubishi Starion, and they ask you if it's a pickup.

awsome. I'm glad its not just me. But Heck when i call the Mitsu place, depending on who i get, they tell me everything is discontinued lol. If i don't call with part numbers i basicly wont get anything. *shrug*

"A friend of mine has the AWD version."

"They never made an AWD version for production."

"Yeah they did, my friend has one!"

"...Ok, so about my parts..."

• 9 months later...
Just got back from Auto Zone. Guy said dang was that you that just pulled up in the maroon quest? Man if I could find another one, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Another guy came over and said I want one too but there are not any left anywhere to buy. Took both of them out and we oogled over my car and talked for about 30 minutes. Gave them the website info and my name and number, as I was paying for my parts, they were both going to our site to look at the for sale adds. Told them that next time I saw them, I did not want them to say that there are not any of them for sale. LOL

*parts guy mumbling* Chrsysler--------Concorde *mumble*

"Wait, wait....Conquest..."

"Ohh, I thought your said Concorde, I was gonna say, they didn't make those in the 80's son!"

I had a similair response.

When I asked for the price of a slave cylinder the other day at the parts store for a Chrysler Conquest,

the guy replied,

"Your a little young to be driving a big four door like that, aren't you?"

lol

I had a similair response.

When I asked for the price of a slave cylinder the other day at the parts store for a Chrysler Conquest,

the guy replied,

"Your a little young to be driving a big four door like that, aren't you?"

lol

I would have replied you are plently old enough to know the difference between a conquest and a corcord..

All I get is "Oh Christ, not you again!"

LOL

I just look up any part numbers online first and usually check stock online or by calling first.

Then when I go in, I have them look it up too and if they come up with the same number... its all good, if not I ask for the part number I looked up.

I just had my rotors cut at O'Reily and the guy thought it was a van.

I gave a chuckle and said it was turbo'd sports car. All I got was the dear in the headlights.

He did a nice job on the rotors though.

Yeah that's the one I get. They always seem to think it's a damn minivan. I'm like dude I'm no soccer mom, look under TURBO !!!!!!!!!

they always know what im talking about and find it but if they are busy i just go behind the counter and look it up myself im in there a little to much but they have even had me look up other customers parts once when they were really busy. am i the only one with a auto parts store that knows what there talking about

The mom&pop parts store (old-school, go in through the back door, the store front was bare and had shelves blocking the entrance and window) has the same guy working every time I go in. He always appears to be somewhere in between bong load #15 and #20. Even after coming out side and "checking this thing out, man" on two separate occasions, every time I go in and order parts for an SQ he says something along the lines of "Oh man, I haven't seen one of those cars in years, they were really ahead of their time...hard to find too". Despite his constant inebriation, my friendly neighborhood counter jockey/cannabis connoisseur really knows his stuff and it's the only place I've yet to get the wrong part. It may cost a few more bucks, but living 15 miles from the closest parts store of any type, the slightly higher cost more than makes up for wasting a trip only to find the brake rotors I was told were in stock actually fit a all-dodge 01 Stratus 4dr, when I clearly specified a 01 Stratus 2dr and urged them to cross check the part to see if it also fits a 3g Eclipse (same basic car).

Pro-Tip: Never order parts from AZ/AA without the VIN handy, and preferably have the part# of what is needed handy. Then verify with the part being replaced for some compatibility....even after ordering the right thing, i've received some strange mixups....

Edited by bzurc