Best sounding exhaust contest!

Fanta

Post up vids/sound clips of your exhaust notes peoples!

As a tip for those recording, don't put the camera within ~3ft of the muffler, and directly behind. Exhaust gasses expelled will fuzz out the mic.

Exterior sound recording appreciated.

Edited by Fanta

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, couldn't resist, you said exhaust note. this one's a little more than 3 inches from the tale pipe, but it's from outside the vehicle and it is mine, so does it count?

That was badazz Chip!

it cant end untill i get mine back together. lets just say i got starter issues. ive got a flattened/oval 3" turbo back with no cats, no muffler and it opens up into a 4" tip at the rear. oh and also got a side exit exhaust dump, so i will have two clips.

ive got a flattened/oval 3" turbo back with no cats, no muffler and it opens up into a 4" tip at the rear.

Dude. Do you have any pics of it?

I've wanted an oval 3" equivilant setup forever.. It'll run a good chunk of change though, so i've back-burnered the SQ..

Being as low as I am, a regular 3" exhaust hangs way too low..

The 3" system on the Lexus doesn't hang low at all, and it's a good two inches lower than the SQ.. I could prolly run a full 4" system and still be okay even at my ride height.

That's it, tube frame the SQ is the only answer. LOL

think you can make it to Jimmy's?

probably not. wont be able to afford that AND PF08. that and i'd like to keep it within a 30 minute radius of home until its broken in thoroughly and i am confident

ok, it may be a while before i can get my entry in. found out today i dont have a starter problem, ive got a cylinder full of water hydrolocking the engine. big time bummer. i got it cleared out and got the car running again but it has no coolant for the time being as i cant spare the time to pull it apart just yet. gotta make some money.

i will get some pics of the exhaust as soon as im under the car again. its not expensive at all, in fact mine costed me like maybe 60$ i did all the work and flattened it myself. i used a hydraulic press and a couple pieces of 2x4 to spread the pressure out. only thing i wasnt happy with was i got marks where i stopped and started with the press. you will see in the pics, but it is an exhaust pipe so who cares if its not perfect. the only down side was it took me something like 7-8hrs to do this, but i rebuilt every hanger and made sure nothing was going to rattle or scrub. it doesnt hang any lower than the stock 2.25" thats been tucked up. im very pleased with the outcome. i will grab some pics in a few days.

money or not you best be geting atf or motor oil into them cyls or you won't have any thing to fix later

one step ahead of you shelby. i poured a couple spoonfulls of 30 wt in it. that will tide me over till something around the weekend. i figure ill open it up sat. or sunday.