Moded Valve Body, anyone need one?

BaltTSI

sourcelx says the VB I sent him isn't going to be needed, he has other issues with his engine so it's not worth putting this VB in, so I'm going to give him his money back and he's going to send it back to me.

It's actually been returned to stock, this is how he wanted one, all the hard shifting mods removed, but it's better than a stock one after I go through them, I have sold a few of these to members on here.

So I'm going to offer it as it is, or mod it back to it's u-joint breaking state, or somewhere in the middle, level 1 2 or 3, whatever anyone wants, I charge $75 plus your old VB returned to me, I have pictures on how to take one out if needed.

I didn't put this in the "for sale" forum because all of us auto guys hang out here anyway.

i need two valve body number one how much shipped to san diego zip 92154 i have paypal the blue car you see is 5 speed and have two white starion auto.

Nice blue one man!

I charge $75 shipped to build yours, I have one that's just about ready to go if you needed one fast, I can ship that one out as soon as I get one from you in exchange, I like to keep one in the ready in case anyone needs one, but it will take me a few days to do a second one

Edited by BaltTSI

• 1 year later...
Just sent you a email, loaded slow so may not make. Rebuilding my 89 auto now. Like to send you mine and get one of yours. Let me know how you want it packed and anything special that needs to been done and where to ship. Thanks, Alan

Ok, no problem, do you have your VB out yet? I even have pictures on how to do that if you need them, I was charging

$95 these days with your old VB in exchange, there has only been one guy who has shipped me one that wasn't leaking

out of the box, it's not easy getting these things empty of fluid without completely taking it apart, but you can't

do that! there's lots of small parts in there that you don't want to lose.

So the best you can do is to seal it up in something like one of those freezer bags, and maybe wrap it up in

plastic bags after that.

I can have a built one back to you in about a week, I only build them to one level now, well... besides no one

ever wanting the all out knock your drive shaft out level, and the softest level not being much different than

stock, I have come up with a setup that feels just right, it's very firm shifting but it doesn't feel

like it's going to break something, does this sound like what you had in mind? write me if you want at RL4406@AOL.COM Rob

Edited by BaltTSI

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea I know what you mean. I have a leaking 5-speed(input shaft seal housing). I pulled my 5-speed 6 times in 3 weeks and still couldn't stop the leak. I hate Gear Oil :angry: I have (4) 4-speeds in the garage that I can't use because the 86 tunnel is to narrow to house the 4-speed. :o

It's good to see you guys embracing the 4-speed. I never imagined going back to the 5-speed, but I just couldn't resist owning an 86 with 64k miles(now 93k due to daily driver).

BTW HI GUYS!!!!!

I've been away for awhile doing secret service Quest mods......just kidding :lol:

Actually, I went Hurricane4, EDIS, Megasquirt2 v3, then (2) broken and (1) 2" dia burnt pistons :wacko:

Seems like some of you guys have done the 4-speed mod with good results. Just remember to set your(2)Brake Bands(torque to 132 in/lb Caution!!! NOT FT/LB. after installing a modded C/B.

I know it's been a long time since the mod release, but last week, I noticed an error in one of my diagrams. The placement of the Pressure Modifier Shim needs to be between the Spring and the Valve, not behind the Valve. It won't (if installed incorrect)cause any damage, just decrease shift firmness...regardless of 1,2 or 3 Stages.

Anyway, I'll be around more often now, and be happy to help if I can, with any 4-Speed, MPI, Megasquirt2, or EDIS questions. Keep in mind, I'm not a 4-speed Guru, but I've learned somethings from Shelby and NOTAV6.

KEEP UP THE QUEST!!!

AGC

• 1 year later...

Tony (AGC) is off on an offshore oil rig off South Africa for the next month or so, he isn't on here much anymore. I know he posted up the mods on Trance's site, starquest.i-x.net, if you're so inclined to do it yourself. Otherwise you can PM me and I'll let him know someone wants help.

Scott

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Tony gave me all the information to be able to do it, let me take a look for it again and see if I can't supply these. I've got one of his modded valve bodies here now, just haven't had a chance to look it over.

I'm going to be using Tony's as a template, so at this time it isn't for sale. If you want to send me a core or two for modding that's cool, PM me for a shipping address.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...