I dynoed my car for the second time.... :)

295hp/321tq

Small 16g, hard pipes, rfl bov, 2.5 dp, to strait exhaust ;p

I hit 340+, but was going on the lean side on the wideband.

Gonna pull motor soon and do some crazy work, i wont be happy till im at 500hp/500q

Can you post your dyno sheet for the thread?

Just goes to show what can be had from a small 16G.

Those 05 upgrade trims run well because they are matched well to the cold/hot side. Once you start skewing that ratio is when you can get actual degrades in potential power.

You want those kinda numbers start looking at the Garrett lines...

Either way very nice on a standard 16G!

I think its a fairly understood that the G54B engine will never ever make close to 295 whp on 13 psi on stock compression regardless of what else its been done to it short of radioactive fuel.

i swear I drive the same car here and mine wont make that much hp on anything less than 20psi and its got plenty of other stuff to support that 20psi.

I think its a fairly understood that the G54B engine will never ever make close to 295 whp on 13 psi on stock compression regardless of what else its been done to it short of radioactive fuel.

i swear I drive the same car here and mine wont make that much hp on anything less than 20psi and its got plenty of other stuff to support that 20psi.

true

I think its a fairly understood that the G54B engine will never ever make close to 295 whp on 13 psi on stock compression regardless of what else its been done to it short of radioactive fuel..

That or 88 mph and 1.21 jigawatts which ever comes first.

true

mm I dont know I did a 12.6@108mph with 13psi and LESS yes LESS then stock comprestion

true

mm I dont know I did a 12.6@108mph with 13psi and LESS yes LESS then stock comprestion

But you ran a 60-1 at 13psi, Choko is running a small 16g Matt. That's alittle hard to beleive, this isn't a DSM.... But hey if you did do it, let us know the secrets, because everyone else is still trying to find them out...

We get all worked up about boost and turbos, but neglect the more important "secret" of timing.

So much timing is retarded under boost a ton of HP is lost. MPIs do better because timing can be adjusted.

With pump gas low boost and retarded timing are a must to stop detonation.

Alittle Octane boost, recurve the timing and lookout she came to life.

Before the BS flag is brought out we need to know how much octane boost he runs or spark knock it has. If the octane is not boosted you can get good numbers for power, but the motor will self destruct.

295hp is great, but the 16g must be getting close to running out of wind. AAAA the fun of dreaming of future mods :D

Tony

I hear you, vanishing, but......

dsms don't even get near 295whp with a 16g @13psi.

Neither has any starquest come within 50hp of that with your listed mods. Whats so different about this setup ?

I like the hicup theory. Dont quit understand that. Its not a heavy breather because the torque is all in around 4000RPM. RPMS are the only thing holding the HP up. BY 5000RPM its out of wind. To get that kind of cylinder pressure at 13PSI :shock:

Radioactive gas and laughing gas, There has to be a joke there somewhere, do we have the dont ask dont tell policy. Does it matter.

Tony

I hear you, vanishing, but......

dsms don't even get near 295whp with a 16g @13psi.

Neither has any starquest come within 50hp of that with your listed mods. Whats so different about this setup ?

You can get 300whp out of a 1st gen engine with 3 mods. They did it with a boost controller, fuel pump and exaust. It was in a old issue of import tuner.

On a dyno dynamics dyno , you can put in a correction factor to make the numbers show whatever you want . A 450 hp dodge viper that will make 400 rwhp on a dyno jet dyno , will only make about 350 hp on a dyno-dynamics dyno (unless you bump the numbers with a correction factor.)

Mrb1, Agreed.... There is no possible way with a small 16g and exhaust... Choko, why don't you stop hiding from us... Many people are doubting you and all you've given us is:

13psi on a small 16g

2.5in ex to straight...

hard pipes

and a rlf <<< which does diddly for HP

There is no way in hell you reached those numbers on a g54b. I highly doubt a DSM could pull those numbers at 13psi..