DOHC HEAD.

johnfjamerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i have been pretty busy with my baby and all.... but Chad still has the head and i cant get a hold of him. He is down there in Oregon so i cant just go over to his house. Still got all the cash and the shop is dying to start the work.  --Just need the HKS.

If anyone knows whats going on with chad give me a buzz - pm.

• 4 weeks later...

hey hey calm down

just waiting on chad to pop up his head so john can get the DOHC back and start the work.

just as re-asurance

john would not tell people to stop sending him the money if he wanted to just rob people

as well as he would not come back to the boards giving updates

have some faith

john ill see if tim can get in touch with chad.. i think they are friends

So there is nothing new to report.... I dont know where Chad went. Last I talked to him, he was going to ship the head and related parts to me.

We got the cash, and I have the license. I got a shop ready to do the work, And I have another shop ready to do production. I am ready.

If any one else knows how to get ahold of chad, please do! I know he wants to see this thing off the ground... Hell, if it comes to it, Ill even buy the thing from him.

PS... Sorry that I am not popping up as often as I should be. But as a full time store manager with more projects (Impulse Turbo, Mirage w/ 4g63, WRX STi, Full Size Blazer 4x4, AND 7mgte Toyota 4x4) than I can handle has no time i guess. Plus the Wife and Son....

Ill keep trying... You all do the same. .....Plus what happened to justin I wonder. ???

John, if you get a chance, look into the new FORD GT DOHC heads, they flow 380cfm stock, and use the same bore as our enigne, it should be a good head to work off.  And I anm talking GT not mustang gt. I saw some pics of the head, would be an awesome exapmple to mofdel off of.

Sick...page 4 => OWNED!!!

This is getting exciting.  Once those first set of pics for the development head get posted I think there will be a lot more attention payed to this thread.  I can't wait to see this thing out on people's rides to see just how crazy a HP number people will be able to obtain.  With this head I really think the G54B is going to put out some spectacular numbers.

-Tim

Heh heh heh. Like the sound of that.

Oh yeah, I have decided what will go on the head. (logo and such)

It is gonna be and inset (so it cant be ground off by anyone, like say TopEnd) in large letters on the front similer to the HKS, except its gonna be 'DIK'.

The valve cover will say '2600 DOHC' along one side, and '16 VALVE' along the other. the front will also have DIK imprinted on it.

The heads will have machined production numbers.... such as date started (just billet), date finished, and date shiped (so to say when it was first installed basicly) and also a series number. 001T, 002T, ect... ('T' for turbo) Special heads will have different numbers like 001NA (like for our aussi/magna friends), or 008HC (high compression [small chambers], like, say for a truck)

This will be nessisary (especialy with the cams) because with making them from billet, we can taylor the chamber for each person. (lower to higher compression to work with stock or aftermarket pistons) also there may be a few different cam profiles availible for the turbo.

Ill post more later... keep drolling!

Please keep us updated on the N/A applications.

I've got a turbo block in my truck w/ .100" overbore and 4.11" stroke, 2.88L.

Combined w/dual Mikuni side-drafts I could use some serious head cfm's.

Do you have any cam profile specs available yet?

Thanks,

Fred

John-way to go taking this on!  

Do you have a site set up with details on how the billet version is going to be built?  I do NC work at the University of Utah Advanced Mfg. Lab, and I'm wondering especially how water jackets will be machined?  Is the head going to be a two-piece unit or have you figured out a work-around for this?  

I'm also a mechanical engineer, and if you need any analysis or design work done, I'd donate the time for your project.  Again, way to go taking this on!

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

We are working on the cam cradle at the moment. It is hard trying to decide how what hieght to make everything, and what cam journal diameter to use, since we have none to refference at the moment.

I am contacting Sakura about their head, to see if they would be willing to sell just the head, (cuz the engine is like 7K) or at least take some measurements of the stuff that is there. That way we dont have to reinvent so much.

The DOHC setup did not use guides. instead used two idler gears like so...

http://www.geocities.com/johnfjamerson/head/route.jpg

Less parts, less ware, less money. And no modification to the timing cover.

Everytime i head up to the shop i forget my camera, so ill put it in the car now, and then ill have it next week.

• 4 weeks later...

The girdles and mock-up cams are being made. Damn im so busy i cant get much time to get up to the shop and see what they are doing. We thought we were gonna use the stock cams as mock-ups untill some real ones were made... but the journals on them are just too big, so we either have to cut them down, or just make a mockup out of a strait piece of bar stock.

Its not going as fast as I would like, but were going from sctrach on the cam setup basicly.

Does anybody have a spare block that is in the seattle area? Just needs to have a crank, running or not. (but does need to spin). I want the shop to start work on the timing chain and sprokets while I figure out what parts for the valves i will use. (lifter bucket setup... most likely going to be toyota, or possibly isuzu) I also have to figure the weight of the valves to have springs made, or see if anyone has an off the shelf part.

Yeah, anyway.... I can pick up a block in the Seattle area on monday 6/13 if anyone can help.

There will not be rockers. This will not resemble the 4g63 lifter setup. It will have a diract acting camshaft, such as the mazda head in this picture. I will more than likely use toyota parts, since they are everywhere, and performance upgrades (that i will be using anyway) are readily availible. For that matter if anyone has to replace parts, or wants to tweek anything then they can just go get toyota parts. ---Thinking of either the 2jz parts, or more likely, the 3sgte parts.

To do a regrind on this setup, you must reshim the lifters, which are mechanical, with larger (thicker) shims to offset the distance between the base circle of the cam, and the bucket assembly of the lifter. This gkind of regrind only requiers a grind down of the base circle and no spray welding is needed. so it actually costs less to make new cam profiles out of your exsisting cams.

anyway heres a pic.

http://www.geocities.com/nwmeet03/head/DCP03132.JPG