Power Steering pressure line

TexasQuest

I'm looking at tackling my leaky power steering pressure line soon. Do I have to remove the master cylinder to gain better access to the fitting where it goes into the steering gearbox? It's a tight fit in there and I definitely do not want to round the fitting out.

This was one of the first jobs I ever did when I bought my first Quest many moons ago.  I was able to do the whole job without removing too many things - mostly just air intake stuff. I do remember I had a difficult time snaking it into place. Do you have a crow's foot wrench? I'd use one of those so you don't round anything.

No need to remove extra parts. I'm not sure it would help anyways. Crow's foot or at least line wrenches are mandatory. Getting the hard line back into the top of the steering box is a serious PITA. 

Crows foot and a long extension will enable you to undo the HP fitting on the top of the box from the top.   Just take your time, don't want to strip that fitting.    The hard part is snaking out/in the line without bending it (well at least the new one).   Other hard part is starting the threads on the HP fitting into the top of the box on that new line.  Get that started before you have the line fully constrained in place because you may have to wiggle it around a bit to get the threads started and snug.  

21 hours ago, kev said:

Other hard part is starting the threads on the HP fitting into the top of the box on that new line.  

I debated rolling the car off a cliff instead of re-connecting this the first time 

Now I run flexible line the whole way. Screw that connection 😊

I have a set of metric crowfoot flare wrenches. I'm replacing it with a braided steel flex line so I'm not too worried about the re-install, mainly getting to the fitting on top of the steering box. I'll probably just cut the old line out in sections to remove it easier. Wish me luck guys!