D2 coilovers front, do i have them on the correct side?

Mech

Would have posted this in the suspension section, but I dont think anyone goes in there anymore. 

I installed my d2 coilovers 4 years ago, but only have put about 6,000 miles on them/the car (i dont drive this car much lol). Everytime I look at the stickers that say "front left" and "front right" I feel like I installed them on the wrong wides, even though you wouldnt be able to do that right? It's been 4 years, so i cant remember everything, but I do remember scratching my head about this thinking that LEFT should on the drivers side and RIGHT should be on the passenger side. does everyone elses show it the way I have them? btw I welded these myself.

In this thread they talk about the issue i believe...

starionD2passlow.jpg

starionD2driverlow.jpg

14 minutes ago, tsi_tom said:

I remember that being an issue when I installed mine.  I did show pictures, but since the site was restored to 2015 you can’t see them.

You have the stickers like mine? What did you end up doing?

That's correct. You want the hat closer to the rear of the opening, closer to the firewall so your caster is right. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m installing D2s right now and yes the camber plates are marked L & R but it’s not correct. If I try and put them on the respected side they look like the picture above, that’s not correct. So you need to install them as if you were standing in front of the car looking at it. Let’s call it Asian prospective. Just did the rear struts and they were labeled wrong also. 

Edited by BKB94
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had them installed correctly, they are indeed labeled incorrectly, or corretly labeled maybe for right hand drive cars.  I actually took them out and tried swapping them. 

As shown in the picture by BK, you can install them incorrectly, but it will be obvious that you cannot adjust camber when installed incorrectly. 

I have them "swapped" or incorrect according to the stickers in the rears , but I didnt remove them to check. The rears did not come with camber plates, so it probably doesnt matter anyways. The only potential issue I could think of with having them swapped in the rear would be the brake line mounting tabs, but it was was hard to visualize that, so I just left them as they have been on there for 6k miles like that anyways.

So long story short. But my front and rears, according to the stickers are swapped with no issues.