Is this a decent brand/pipe?

Jest3r

Rule of thumb with TEP is unique TEP parts, fine. Just don't let um work on your car nor buy anything you can get elsewhere for less.

There's been a ton of history on them - most of it lost with server changes unfortunately.

I'm curious if any starquest owner actually buys parts from TEP. Something is keeping their doors open

I think it was prety cool to have dedicated vendors around, like CNM (which didn't turn out to well either..... but their products and approach, seemed like a decent layout).

With no one stop shop, we could always get by like the turboford guys. Some useful info over there, we can apply

A couple megasquirters cover their standalone needs. We have Scottstar thankfully

Good clutch options from various clutch outfits

Inexpensive proven t3/t4 upgrades from Evergreen or Performance Techniques

Head porters, cam suppliers..... and so on

I'm curious if any starquest owner actually buys parts from TEP. Something is keeping their doors open

They sell parts for lots of other cars. Like most new owners they usually find tep first. Then later they buy from someone else.

Just covert it back to stock. Only thing hacked is the one inter cooler to ovc pipe.

I never noticed a seat of the pants performance increase from the tep or mookeeh ovc pipe. Only good thing is the bov. But you can just add a stock 1g bov to you setup in place of whatever that thing is there hacked inline. I'm assuming that is some type of aftermarket bov?

That car of yours is so much more desirable in stock form in my opinion. But I shouldn't talk, I should have bought that sucker years ago when Scotty first decided to sell it. Just never wanted to get rid of any other toy of mine to make room for it

Kev

Just covert it back to stock. Only thing hacked is the one inter cooler to ovc pipe.

I never noticed a seat of the pants performance increase from the tep or mookeeh ovc pipe. Only good thing is the bov. But you can just add a stock 1g bov to you setup in place of whatever that thing is there hacked inline. I'm assuming that is some type of aftermarket bov?

That car of yours is so much more desirable in stock form in my opinion. But I shouldn't talk, I should have bought that sucker years ago when Scotty first decided to sell it. Just never wanted to get rid of any other toy of mine to make room for it

Kev

I had to re-look at his profile. You saying he got scotty's Baltic car? I was holding out hope I could grab that if I could figure out where to store one more.

That is correct! It's Scotty's old unicorn.

I was talking with him when we picked it up and we were saying that having 2 sets of gear would be awesome.. one is going to be bone stock and as close to perfect as i can get it, while the other will be some updated / rare stuff that i pick up along the way. (i tried scamming his mud flaps off him but they were attached lol!)

I honestly thought the car had sold years ago and gave up hope, but i found it one weekend on craigslist and noticed the ad was recently updated.

Not only that but i recognized the garage in the picture (i tried buying one of his 83's once) so after a few emails and a 2 hour phone conversation i bought the car, he sent the title and my wife and i drove the plates down, and up we came!

Kinda crazy now that i think about it, but well worth it

P.S. i caved and got the hard pipe.. still looking for a quality stock one and maybe some side louvers? just sayin :P

Geesh. Oh well truthfully I wanted the car only cause it is a T80. Not that the color does anything for me in particular. Most unusual though. Like some guys were screwing around in the paint shop one shift.

Take care of it - I know he hated to give it up.

Edited by Edde