Should I part my car out, lol...

vbrad511

I sent an offer of $40. He responded, thinking I'd made a typo and countered with $400. I countered again with $45 and let him know it wasn't a typo. We'll see what kind of nasty reply I get, lol...

And yes, I really expected it to be CJ too

It's been up for years. Dude even tried to post it here once and got ripped apart. Claimed he had no idea, and then still keeps hoping to win the lottery,

He's hoping someone will be desperate enough to buy it. But even if you were live in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of Alaska or Iceland, I would think you still have cheaper options!

If that were the case, I have a fortune worth of ECU's in my garage.

if you look up oem parts an ecu will sell for that much but the item is used and over 20 years old hardly worth new part

price , i've had to pay over $1000 for many an oem ecu during the first couple years of it's model yr

See this is what makes my 87 ecu so rare! I checked a couple mitsu parts dealers and they don't even list for 87 but the 88-89 ecu is over $1000. :)

Guy must be hoping he find a rube that isn't able to source anything.

Very well could be a stubborn mule basing on Mitsu's OEM new price of $1k

Tell him to throw in a good Megasquirt 4 and he has a deal.

...of course in his ignorance, you might end up with a ratty old VHS smut film instead of an EMS unit. :blink:

To be fair I've talked with some guys that aren't on the forums and buy from eBay, or wherever they can find. I've heard people tell me they paid 5-6 times the going rate for a part in the forums, and they seem happy with it. He must be hoping for one of those haha.