You are cray cray!

hondaiceman

Like the Highlander, til there is only one! Seems like we go through spurt of parting out SQs and were currently seeing a trend upwards. Im blown away by people parting perfectly complete cars. I think the worse is from the southwest folks. All the cars out here are rust free. Ive seen complete SQs get parted for the most common reasons, blown headgasket.

I have one that has been sitting now a few years, but I keep it in the garage, out of the elements. I refuse to part it. Soon I will restore it, as it deserves to be restored.

Rusted out buckets, not such a big deal to see parted, or completely wrecked cars. But complete, rust free and straight body SQ's is quite a sad site to see. And anyways, the parts everyone wants are just basically turbo, injectors, airdam and after that not much else really sells. The shells end up almost complete at the scrap yards.

On the one hand, I hate to see a Starquest go to parts land. On the other hand, I will enjoy watching my car's value escalate as a result.

One by one, the value of your car is going up buddy :)

In all fairness, these cars were insurance totals, or non-title cars anyway so please no hate mail

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Crusher/SQ%20Crusher_zpsbm0xo48z.jpg

One by one, the value of your car is going up buddy :)

In all fairness, these cars were insurance totals, or non-title cars anyway so please no hate mail

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Crusher/SQ%20Crusher_zpsbm0xo48z.jpg

Can we hate text?! :lol:

Well since this topic has come up yet again... Here's a different perspective on what a lot of you feel is a problem.

I also know many of you will criticize me and call me an outsider as has happened before.

Let's look at another thread here in the b.s. section about an engine not being bad. Towards the end a person who sold two decent running cars is being called a shady person. One of which was sold for 1500 and needed some mechanical repairs, ooo what a surprise for 1500 right? I've seen this numerous times.

If I was put in a position to sell a running car here only to get ganged up on and have my reputation tarnished, I'd rather part the car and be called a waster. At least that way I end up with a lot of positive feedback from parts rather than negative.

This community when it comes to helping out and and being filled with great people is by and far the best out of any forum I've ever been on. However, when it comes to buying, selling, and group buys, it's very difficult here.

These cars are getting old enough value will go up soon enough. Deleting half of the cars might make the value go up, in all reality. But chopping a car to bits and just scrapping it in a matter of a few months cause you can't sit still long enough for someone to want a qtr. panel is just insane. If I had a shop I would restore everyone I could even slightly rusty ones. We bring back rust bucket 40 fords,over a slightly rusty Starquest. And you don't make any money from scrap iron on a SQ either. Just a wasted day really.

Well to any of you looking to scrap or part...just wait until next year. Angie and I are buying property that we'll eventually be building on. I'll take on any and all starquests to keep them from going to the heap.

Cars that have been hit or are rusted out are one thing, but it's a crying shame watching a nice chassis go to the crusher.

What these cars need are owners, not a field of dreams. We need to bring more people into the community.

Cars that have been hit or are rusted out are one thing, but it's a crying shame watching a nice chassis go to the crusher.

What these cars need are owners, not a field of dreams. We need to bring more people into the community.

Pipe dreamers, day dreamers, wishful wishers and other dead beat owners! Yes, Starquests need less of those. :lol:

• Like 1

I have destroyed 2 and rescued 3. Both had crash damage. Bought them as parts cars. Couldn't have rescued the other 3 if I didn't have the parts. Until I got my first SQ I had never contemplated having more than one of the same car.

I Have 2 one running and one not. (cause I have a big honey-do list)(which getting the car to run is on)

and aquired about 8 large boxes of parts from a totaled 89 with 1800 miles on. Found out later the car was cut into little pieces and thrown away in the trash. Motor and tranny were used in a D50 truck. very sad.

• 2 weeks later...

People don't care for cars like they used to back in the day. Lease buy sell trade it in get another new one.

Although these were built to last... The mentality these days is to run the miles up and trade it in or sell.

There's no love affair any more. We got the old school thinking mentality and want to keep and restore here..but the harsh reality is

Use it and throw it away for most mainstream thinking. To state some obvious .

Generally speaking..of course.