Help with headlights.

drift_king

Hello all! :D

I have recently gotten my car back from the shop and a new problem has shown its ugly head. SIGH

My pop-up headlights wont work. they have the h4 bulb conversion done previously by another owner.

When I press the button to drop or open them nothing happens. I cranked them down manually,

and pressed the button and they opened them selves. LOL they wont close.... the lights worked great

when the car went into the shop.

I pulled all the switches apart and cleaned the contacts.

now what? i suppose pull apart the fusible link.

well different shop. one does suspension and the other does engines and tuning. I just got the car back from having the megasquirt conversion done. Where is the head light relay located. I checked if my light controller switch was plugged in also. Edited by drift_king

Check the passing relay under the dash. It's just to the left of the glove compartment. I had a similar issue with mine when I swapped out the dash. Turned out to be that relay was still attached to the old dash and I had the hardest time figuring out what that d@#$% blue plug went to! LOL. If it's not plugged in or loose, the lights will pop up, and turn on and off, but will not go down.

okay thank you. Also when I hit the blinkers they stay on but do not blink or flash they just light up and stay lit.

If one of the bulbs are burnt out they wont flash. Even if the bad bulb is in the gauge cluster.

is that flasher located with the headlight relays? I'll be working on the car to right I'll check all the bulbs. currently have the front bumper off so I assume the pigtails on the fog lights won't have anything to do with any light issues.

Cleaning the fusible links is good to do but it has nothing to do with you headlight issue and blinker issue.

Yes that picture looks like the fan harness.

A burned bulb in the gauge cluster will not cause the the flasher to not work. The flasher is up under where your left foot rests when you drive. You should hear it clicking. If you have no flashing lights then you need to check the flasher. Turn on the emergency flashers and see if the flasher works. It probably does not.

I'm going to make a mega-struggle thread.

What????? Try fixing one thing at a time. Think big and start small and update your threads when the fix is found. Throwing in random b.s. just frustrate the whole topic.

Wanna save server space ? Download the manual. I have been here a dozen times before with the foglight and pop up relays and the flasher issue. That where you need start with the pop up and no flashing issue.

Edited by JohnnyWadd