Killer 2.6 blow through carb

G54Bstore

didnt realize it had cussing cause I didn't have the volume up.

Cursing is bad kids lol

Sorry you can delete the whole thread if you want idc

• Like 1

There's things to the carb setup that is interesting That 2.6 ran a mid/ 10 s in the quarter mile I think. That's beast imo.

First turbo rotary (diy mild street port 13B) I rode in, owner modified blowtru a single sidedraft weber on a custom long runner intake

Idled perfect/ flawless driveability. Without punching it, the car easily broke traction on 10" wide radials (IMSA widebody kit on car)..... tire smoke/drift even ~70-80mph. AC, CD, pwr windows, stereo/sub box. Amazing performanca 'back then'.

It can be done... all depends on who is doing it, I guess.

Turbo magazine actually heard about the car, came down, did a shoot and took notes. Never published it tho

Geo's full weight street starquest hit 11s, blowthru 4 bbl carb. AC too. Said toolbox was on board as well

The biggest problem with blow thru carbs is that people almost always over-carb the car. A 650 Holley DP will easily support 1000 hp in a turbo application. Put a 650 on a 2.6 and it will run like a dog everywhere except WOT. And most people haven't a clue how to properly tune a carb. Here's a good read on doing it right. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/0510ch-carburetor-tuning-gas-mileage/

Are mods aware that PG-rated movies also contain *GASP* colorful language..??? Clutch the pearls! LOL Lemme say a few hail-Mary's just in case somebody heard the audio by accident.
  • Like 1

Ha ha they wouldn't want to spend a day in the life as a construction worker or mechanic..

Gotta hate when someone uses the f word every other word though lol

Must be nice to have the control to make it disappear in the virtual world not so easy in rl

Edited by G54Bstore

Are mods aware that PG-rated movies also contain *GASP* colorful language..??? Clutch the pearls! LOL Lemme say a few hail-Mary's just in case somebody heard the audio by accident.

Being a member here since 02 you should know "colorful language" is not permitted here. Ryddler wants it that way. It's his site so he gets to set the rules. Everyone agreed to those rules when they joined the site. Site policy on cursing is not going to change. Don't like it, feel free to post somewhere else.

FYI, pretty much all the mods here curse in real life. But it's our job to keep it off the site.

Somebody typed a curse? I thought it was a web link, not even embedded. See there's the letter of a law, and there there's the spirit of a law.... but I think we've all been over that a bunch of times recently.

BTW I joined back around 96, that was Ryddler's old site though. Just don't want to get short-changed.

Then you need a refresher course on site policy.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

You agree, through your use of StarQuestClub.com, that you will not post any material which may be seen as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

Posting a link to the material is the same as posting it here. Stuff like that has been removed long before I joined this site. That's the rules and you know them. Don't like it, again feel free to post somewhere else.

"You agree, through your use of StarQuestClub.com, that you will not post any material which ... or otherwise in violation of ANY law."

I'm not currently running any cats, illegal in NJ, but I like to live dangerously. I've also been known to promote street racing and hooning of all kinds.

Jokes! Jokes! We're all having a good time.

Actually not running cats isn't illegal. Street racing is also not illegal as long as there is no property damage or injuries. The government tells you that stuff is illegal but if you research the laws you find they have no legal grounds to ticket you or enforce those laws. I'll expand on that later. I'm assembling a thread on those points that should be very enlightening to many here.

There are 3 reasons I can think of why certain content isn't allowed here.

Bob doesn't want it here. His house, his decision. I think it creates a better atmosphere not having that stuff around here. Kind of like a clean friendly environment for everyone to hang out in.

Kids might see it. Yes many here don't have kids around. But some do and don't want to expose their kids to it.

NSFW This site is kept clean for good reasons. Therefore members here trust the content wont get them in trouble at work. When someone posts a link to profane, nude ect content then another member may click on it thinking it's safe because it was posted here. That could get them flagged by their IT department and put their job in jeopardy. We don't want anyone to get in trouble at work for visiting this site.

That's why we remove links, pictures ect. We aren't trying to be mean. We just try to run the site the way Bob wants it run.

Actually not running cats isn't illegal. Street racing is also not illegal as long as there is no property damage or injuries. The government tells you that stuff is illegal but if you research the laws you find they have no legal grounds to ticket you or enforce those laws. I'll expand on that later. I'm assembling a thread on those points that should be very enlightening to many here.

Ever tried street racing with out breaking the speed limit laws?

Sounds boring.

NSFW This site is kept clean for good reasons. Therefore members here trust the content wont get them in trouble at work. When someone posts a link to profane, nude ect content then another member may click on it thinking it's safe because it was posted here. That could get them flagged by their IT department and put their job in jeopardy. We don't want anyone to get in trouble at work for visiting this site.

Now that's my area! I get the purpose of filtering, being an IT director and doing that stuff for the last 20 years. Trust me nobody at work is seeing anything their IT admins don't want them to see, and if they are, the admins are lazy and not watching anyway. Everybody gets the rules, we've all been here for years, we just debate the application of said rules at certain times.

If you are preparing a thread outlining the fact that street racing is legal and cats are not legally required... an obvious debate about the laws... surely you can see the nuance in posting links to videos... ;)

But I digress...

• Like 1