240 rack install

Laodicea

You should be able to post there. Others do.

The way you have that rack mounted makes me nervous. All that leverage tugging those bolts back and forth. Imagine those bolts coming loose on the road. Maybe it will be ok, but if it was my car I would want the rack mount welded in.

Hey I cant post in the how to section...but they have the wrong 240 rack setup link for me there.... should be

http://www.26liter.u...hp?topic=5866.0

BTW...I guess i need to ask permission to post in there or what?? I'm not a N()()B.

problem is, you have to be logged into to see this post, i cant see it because my account was deleted from inactivity

You should be able to post there. Others do.

The way you have that rack mounted makes me nervous. All that leverage tugging those bolts back and forth. Imagine those bolts coming loose on the road. Maybe it will be ok, but if it was my car I would want the rack mount welded in.

The idea isnt bad. What about having a brace running over the subframe as a support for the plate? kinda like the peice of metal that bolts on top of the rack to keep it in position.

Well been on my car two years...Lock nuts have not loosen. Been on Killaphils car...for over a yeart all is fine. Yeah they prob can get loose but shouldn't be overnight. I like it cause I can remove it kinda easily...having two large bolts going through the frame horizontally would be even better than having 6 bolts for easy removal...but what if those two bolts became loose?? 6 bolts coming loose verses 2? IKD.

FYI....I can't post or start a new thread on anything under FAQ and How to's

That's normal, not supposed to be able to post there, things get moved there if determined as useful

Edit- and a thread with a link will not make it lol

Edited by Skullzaflare

are you selling as a complete bolt in kit?

Only the mounting plate/cradles...you have to figure out the chopping and welding of the steering column to mate to the 240 u-joint to pinion...cut the inner tie rods from the 300zx down to size...etc.

Id like to do this mod, i thought of a good way to use the O.E. coupler or atleast the one BC made which is what im using now.

I got flamed for saying that in bc's coupler posts.... This would be an excellent use for that coupler in my opinion.

Edited by clow340