$20** - Custom Clutch Pedal Slop Correction

Squrlsquash

The linked bearing is 12mm in length, and has no flange (will fall out)

also, only lists OD, ID not listed

Need to find one with a 12mm (or 11mm) OD and a 10mm ID so the stock pin size can be kept, with a flange, and a length of 3-5 mm

It has to be short enough to put one through the pedal, and have one in each side of the clutch master

I welcome help finding such a part, since I've had no luck thus far.

In the meantime, i have stock replacements that are polished hardened steel, which will get rid of some slop and prevent further wear.

still $10 each --(a pin you will need to replace even if you decide to upgrade with bearings)--

I also have upsized pins that require drilling to M12 through the pedal and clutch master.

Having a pin with a hardened, machined, and polished surface should take care of most of the wear issues

Upsized pins are $15 each (parts to make are more expensive)

Ordering info in the first post

Edited by Squrlsquash

I think the pin is great!

It just doesn't address the problem of the holes in the master and pedal getting egged out.

Something like this Machined down to a little more than the width of the master and the arm drilled to a press pit for them

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-sleeve-bearings/=v0rpj1

Another sleeve pressed in the clutch pedal like this guy.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#6679k14/=v0rshn

Then use your pin in it. When a bushing starts to wear you can just replace it. That is what I have planned to do for years.

Other projects just seem more important ... all the time lol

I have hunted around for bearings before too and it's tough to find something with a workable OD unless you go with a needle bearing and then use a smaller pin.

Taking too much material out of the clutch arm could make it weak and possibly bend/break so the best bet may be to go with a smaller pin. Say 8mm and then you wouldn't have to take so much material off the pedal arm.

M11 might not be enough to get rid of the "egged" holes, 1 or 2 mm wont make a difference, pedal has plenty of meat

I'll hit up my machine hardware shop this week, searching online is fruitless if you don't know exactly what to search for

I will find or order a bunch of bearings to figure out something that works-

a spare clutch pedal + clutch master would be great if someone's got one

sent In syesterday, questsale.

Bearings still on their way to me,

How do you prefer the kit to be sold? as a DIY kit with a drill bit? or mail your pedal to me and I drill + put it together then send it back

I say DIY with instructions, calling out drill bit size and pictures along the process

A note from the producer:

I know this bearing will still have the clutch pedal and master on the same rotating surface but it is a replaceable sleeve,

This bearing should take the abuse and be easily replaced.

I will order some flanged bearings, cut them short, and have the flange against the clutch pedal and pointed outwards on each side of the master, so each component is rotating with its own bearing against the pin. however, the sleeve pin will have to be cut short enough to fit between the two, i see many hours cutting these things with a hobby saw in my future.

I need to make some sales before any further development,

(this batch of bearings cost me $30... small batches are WAY more expensive than buying by the 1000's)

Even with the later developed product, the same pin will be used (swap to my stock pin now and be ready to updrill + get rid of slop for good later!)

the same M12 OD will be used (upgrade with the current sleeve bearing setup now and be ready to upgrade to a setup with a bearing on each arm.

Point is- i need to know if there's interest or not, so put your money where your mouth is, and vote with your cash

I need to recoup losses before spending more to continue improvements

Thanks for your interest, suggestions, and patronage.

-Aaron

Edited by Squrlsquash

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/Squrlsquash/bearing_zps50a93f3f.jpg

As of now i offer two options to fix your clutch pedal slop

Stock size replacement pin $15 (no modification needed)

Stock size replacement pin with bearing $20 (requires drilling pedal & clutch master arm to M12)

This sleeve bearing will upsize the stock pin to fit a drilled up pedal + master cylinder.

when wear becomes present on the sleeve, you can replace it

(please forgive price change, I was losing money at $10)

• 2 weeks later...

the sleeve bearings work great, but dont allow rotation on the outside.

which means they work but only for pressing into each component individually

easiest way to make this work is to drill the pedal to m12 (i have a bulk of m12 drill bits now) press/hammer in sleeve bearing (once i cut them in half)

then drill the clutch master cylinder and place a flanged bearing through each side

once i have the flanged bearings i will post pics of how it works- this will fix the problem entirely, no wear on anything but the bearing and the pin.

bearing is graphite coated and oil impregnated (on the inside), and my pins are machined smooth.

one time fix that wont need parts replaced.

stock replacements still on sale + used with the bearing setups

stay tuned

the sleeve bearings work great, but dont allow rotation on the outside.

which means they work but only for pressing into each component individually

easiest way to make this work is to drill the pedal to m12 (i have a bulk of m12 drill bits now) press/hammer in sleeve bearing (once i cut them in half)

then drill the clutch master cylinder and place a flanged bearing through each side

once i have the flanged bearings i will post pics of how it works- this will fix the problem entirely, no wear on anything but the bearing and the pin.

bearing is graphite coated and oil impregnated (on the inside), and my pins are machined smooth.

one time fix that wont need parts replaced.

stock replacements still on sale + used with the bearing setups

stay tuned

awesome. I'll be down for a set. I attempted to do this a while ago with that same bearing, but never started, so a kit will get me motivated.

anybody have an extra clutch pedal or clutch master cylinder (busted is fine)?

wont be able to do this + take pics on my own car until after I pass smog

willing to buy or give a deal on bearing kit for a pedal assembly.

I have a junk pedal, its ovaled out. i'l take measurements later

Flanged bearings have arrived

only waiting on a clutch pedal for testing, then finishing touches

As of now, the DIY kit will include

12.9 grade polished clevis pin- with clip pin

m12 drill bit

3 bearings- one for the pedal arm, two for the clutch master cylinder

The Mail-In option is to remove your clutch pedal + clutch master cylinder and send them to me

it will return with the pin, bearings, and a brand new (or rebuilt) clutch master cylinder

Once test fitting is complete I will determine the prices for each option

Stay tuned

P.S.

Pressed a bearing through some steel i had, pin fits like a glove, no slop whatsoever.

Inside of the bearing is graphite lined, the polished pin spins effortlessly

• 2 weeks later...