BC_99's steering coupler replacement U-Joint

BC_99

1 left.

PM me for payment info for it.

I know the holiday seasons can be financially tough for us all, so please let me know if you have any interest in a future (post holidays) purchase, so that I can decide how many to order for the next run.

Thanks to all of the folks who have had enough faith in me and this part to order one so far. Please post up some feedback on it when you get them and install them and the results of your installation. Did the part meet or exceed your expectations? Did it help your steering? Was there something that you didn't like about it or the installation or the guides concerning installing it? If you are happy with it, please share. If you are disappointed, please let me know so that I can try to help.

BC_99

The install was very easy. I had a shop press to remove the pressed pin. Used a small hex bit socket upside down to push it out, a co worker held the column while i operated the press. I had to use a file to remove a burr on the ring before the small "dowels" could be taken out. Also i used white out to mark the shaft and gear box alignment.

It helped the steering out. I removed my power steering long ago and it feels a little easier to turn. I did have to redo my alignment as it threw the toe off a little bit having the new coupler on.

Great! Which steering box are you using? Or did you just loop a line back on the OEM box? Thanks for the input. Great tip for the guys with access to a press. Thank you for the response.

BC_99

The o.e gear box is what I have

My P/S hoses kept bursting and catching fire. Literally on fire. Obviously cause the pump had a bad pressure valve. So anyways i took the lines and cut/bubble flared and ran some soft line to the resivoir. That allowed the level to go up and down when turning and to reduce internal pressure inside the gear box.

Recieved and installed mine in about 2 hours (I am slow). Entirely transformed my steering, my original coupler must have been especially worn (only 30 years old!) This is a beautiful piece, in form and function, instrumental if we are going to keep these cars on the road where they should be (as we all know the oem parts are NLA at any cost).

I nominate BC_99 as starquestclub man of the year!

Now my next request is for you to manufacture true replacement oem style injectors. I have a little stockpile of used oem injectors but am paranoid someday I will run out. Anyway, off topic I know.

Thanks!

I nominate BC_99

Recieved and installed mine in about 2 hours (I am slow). Entirely transformed my steering, my original coupler must have been especially worn (only 30 years old!) This is a beautiful piece, in form and function, instrumental if we are going to keep these cars on the road where they should be (as we all know the oem parts are NLA at any cost).

I nominate BC_99 as starquestclub man of the year!

Now my next request is for you to manufacture true replacement oem style injectors. I have a little stockpile of used oem injectors but am paranoid someday I will run out. Anyway, off topic I know.

Thanks!

I nominate BC_99

Thank you so much for the review and the praise of the part. I am very happy that it is performing the way I hoped it would for you folks.

Britt

I am thinking of putting your first few posts of the

removal and install in to the FAQ.

If that's OK with you.

Absolutely. The easier it is to find for everyone, the better. Thanks.

BC_99

• 2 weeks later...

Britt? still got the steering joints available? let me know, PM sent

Replied...

Sale pending for the last one.

From here on out, these will be available on a "per order" basis.

I may try to keep one or 2 on hand, however, I can't keep $800+ worth of U-joints sitting around and hoping that someone wants one. So guys, If you want one, PM me and be ready to pay half up front, and I will order the stuff and do my end of it, and I should have it ready to ship within a couple of weeks, depending on availability of the parts. At that time, you pay the other half, and the U-Joint will be on it's way.

BC_99

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I got mine installed this weekend. Was honestly one of the most frustrating yet rewarding jobs I've finished in a long time. I spent over 6 hours total on the job. dealing with stripped screws from previous owners. Getting the old coupler off didn't end well...I ended up cutting it off. And putting it back in by yourself is possible but not recommended as Britt already said. Mikie was my emotional/tech support throughout. Steering is much better so A+ for the part and service from Britt. I'll be a customer on future products as well.

I got mine installed this weekend. Was honestly one of the most frustrating yet rewarding jobs I've finished in a long time. I spent over 6 hours total on the job. dealing with stripped screws from previous owners. Getting the old coupler off didn't end well...I ended up cutting it off. And putting it back in by yourself is possible but not recommended as Britt already said. Mikie was my emotional/tech support throughout. Steering is much better so A+ for the part and service from Britt. I'll be a customer on future products as well.

Im always tech support on these projects haha! just glad to be able to try to help..