Dipstick keeps blowing out oil all over the place

questtuner82

Still have the factory oil sep can and its not clogged at all. Its clean and clear. All the lines are clean and clear i can blow through everything fine and can blow through the line to the pan. Pcv is clean and new and yes it is the correct one. As of right now the car is fairly stock has maft gm 3" mas hardpipes 284 cam fic injectors 850 primary and 1150 secondary ported throttle body and areomotive rr fpr running 20psi with 12a clipped wheel and ported ex manifold and 2.5" exhaust with apexi n1 muffler egr delete. Even has charcoal canister for now

The factory oil separator was designed for stock levels of boost and hence stock expected levels of blowby. Back to what I said earlier, you have to evacuate it faster than it builds up.

One thing I did to solve the dipstick problem (not the crankcase vent system) was I took a dull pair of wire cutters and crimped the tube at the rubber seal on the dipstick in a few places on top the ribs. Nice and firm and no tie down needed ;)

As for the vent system, I simply installed some crank vents larger than needed and put restrictors in the hose until the correct vacuum was reached via the dipstick tube. Works for me! There are plenty of other options out there.

- Charles

No, I can't, all I can do is point to solutions. Tightening the dipstick isn't a bad idea but you really want to fix the root cause.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142119&hl=%2Boil+%2Bseparator

Jeff's solution.

http://www.sqperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

Phil's solution.

I race circle track dirt cars and i have catch can resivoirs on my cars due to the high banks and constant left turns that causes oil to stay in the valve pans. If i used one of these and put the return to the pan would this help with crankcase pressure? Also if i put a check valve in place of pcv like a crankvent would that help? Also on top of the catch can they are vented is that ok or no