Miata - 1; Deer - 1

Fanta

http://i.imgur.com/Qx8ep76.jpg

Not bad at all considering - I saw the first deer about 30ft ahead and had already started to brake expecting the second deer. Honestly, I didn't even see it coming out between the trees in the median, and more like it hit me instead of me it <_< Was a fairly slow speed since I came to a stop right by where the deer landed.

Got to watch the cop double tap it to put it out of it's misery before the county hauled it off.

Glad to see you're okay and it wasn't in your SQ! Was there any body damage to your car? I would've bagged that Deer in a heartbeat! The cop did the right thing. Dinner Anyone?

Yeah, right where the fender meets the door there's a dent on both. Also the side view mirror was ripped out. I'm not sure if the A-pillar sustained any damage at all from the impact, or the hard top assembly.

I do, but, if that A-pillar is damaged and results in a totaled out Miata, I won't lie - I'm likely going to just take a break from the car scene for a good long while. It's too discouraging for me to have this stuff happen :(

Good thing it wern't no Moose, eh? You'd a bin a goner fore shore!

All kidding aside, I'm glad you are ok and the car looks repairable.

That sucks man, I have been there. I pasted one with my Tacoma about 3 years ago running 60ish. Did about $5k in damage to my truck. I hope you get this squared away without too much more headache. Chin up homie, don't get discouraged, it's part of life. You will bounce back. Look on the bright side, You still have a beautiful SQ to drive. :)

BC_99

edit: Had to tell ya, that monkey dancing in your sig. cracks me up every time I see it.

Edited by BC_99

Haha - there was the other fellow who had something loose on his suspension and knew about it, took a corner and basically went off road and rolled as well.

Well, car is already in the shop. Initial look over seems minimal damage was done.