Mechanical Rockers adjusted too far?

RWDAddict

So here is a pic with it adjusted cold on the intake side to .010

Are the adjustments too far into the nut, doesn't seem right.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/RWDaddict/Mobile%20Uploads/0926142121_zpsf2g1abhs.jpg

Are those the long adjusters? There are short adjusters for the long "83" valve stems and then the long adjusters for the short hydraulic headed valves. You can get them from enginemachineservice.com

I would NEVER run it with them like that.

There are two different manual rocker adjuster lengths?

The valve stem length determines the use of the short or long version, meaning there are longer and shorter valve varients?

I have the same type of rockers in my mystery craigslist motor

Are they from a different g54b motor varient?

What lash should they be adjusted to?

lots of questions on the subject, too chicken to take my mech head apart since it runs

Edited by Squrlsquash

Looks like I need to get longer screws. As for that sweet gasket, it's the M28 cast head, it would be stupid expensive to import one from Australia, so I made my own, looks like balls but should seal up :-)

Looks like I need to get longer screws. As for that sweet gasket, it's the M28 cast head, it would be stupid expensive to import one from Australia, so I made my own, looks like balls but should seal up :-)

My buddy has an Aussie head. So are you running the mpi intake as well? We learned the hard way that that Aussie head and starquest intake don't work. The quest intake doesn't cover the water passage, soyhe intake had to have additional metal welded to it. I also made him a custom gasket. It took almost two hours, but looks as good as any fel pro... And it sealed fine, and so should yours.

My buddy has an Aussie head. So are you running the mpi intake as well? We learned the hard way that that Aussie head and starquest intake don't work. The quest intake doesn't cover the water passage, soyhe intake had to have additional metal welded to it. I also made him a custom gasket. It took almost two hours, but looks as good as any fel pro... And it sealed fine, and so should yours.

Are you talking about the intake water passages? It all lines up fine from the head to the intake, i had to swap over the water neck to the other side, make my own gasket, and swap the intake plenum. I also got the long runners by accident (rather just didn't know there was a long one) and had to cut those down as well.

Guys I'm using the magna mpi and my problem is I wonder if I should true the surface to my head because my #2 injector is in the way of a stud so I kind took a thin piece of paper gasket some marine black rtv cut it out to shape and basically glued it with that rtv to the intake then when I used it it worked fine. By the way hello I'm Michael from miami. I run an 88 with parts built from the greats/ DAD and ProfessorQuest. I'm currently runing the MagnaMPI with mega squirt 2 TC05 ported 20g 15 lbs over sized SS valves 1mm shnider cam274 and springs Mk1 trigger wheel set up but haven't figured out how to connect the magnetic pickup sensor so still relying on distributor I also have my set of ls1 coils and I plan to use them, act clutch fully sleeved motor yes I cut the block and now have std.wiesco pistons and sleeves walboro255 and a bigger intercooler this magna works very well as it is so my question is how can I improve or do I even need to now that I really have to much tech on a somewhat stock car?