Came across this. Couldnt believe my eyes!

mr-starion

Not surprising considering a new car payment with full coverage is about the same as a mortgage payment. Most people anymore can only afford one or the other.

What i dont understand is why they dont just scrap them for materials! Theres enough plastic glass and metal to go around the world in those field a dozen times! It still protects the economy... Gives recylclers more jobs.

it was common back in 1980 for thousands of new chyr cars to set for 12 to 18 months before being sold

it got so bad the gas would go bad and gum up the carbs , so the fuel system had to be gone thru before the cars were drivable again

banks would not loan money on new cars

it was common back in 1980 for thousands of new chyr cars to set for 12 to 18 months before being sold

it got so bad the gas would go bad and gum up the carbs , so the fuel system had to be gone thru before the cars were drivable again

banks would not loan money on new cars

That makes perfect sense. My parents purchased a K car back in the 80's. had the 2.6 carb G54 in it. it would just die at random times. let it sit a few min and it would start again. Was at the dealer more than I can remember. One day it dies right in front of an auto parts store. My dad went in and got an inline fuel filter and bypassed the OEM filter right there. Never had another problem with it.