Article: What car best embodies the 1980s?

NikoFab

Traitor! King Kong status now up for revocation!

All I ever dreamed of as a kid was a Countach from Cannon Ball Run or the Jackie Chan car from same movie. So I went with what I could afford, the Starion! I'd drop it like a bad habit if I could get a Lamborghini Countach!

Well 2 down 3 to go, unfortunately I've got the cheapest 2! However my vote has to go for the countach, with the exception of the lambo my driveway looks like a childhood dream of mine from the 80's!

The Lambo is my answer to this particular question, but our cars were a lot more plentiful and attainable for the average Joe, with almost as much personality in it's style and performance.

I think the writer is biased towards pop up headlights and digital interiors. What about t-tops. If anyone was in high school then, that was THE feature to have.

My list (and unbiased cause I dislike some of these cars)

Countache

Testarossa

Delorian

Camaro/Firebird t tops

All I ever dreamed of as a kid was a Countach from Cannon Ball Run or the Jackie Chan car from same movie. So I went with what I could afford, the Starion! I'd drop it like a bad habit if I could get a Lamborghini Countach!

Im with you 100%. I love the starion, but im all about the lambo. I have even looked a couple times to fi d one wrecked and trashed that could be bought cheap enough for me to rebuild sloooowwwly that i could afford to get my hands on. Even trashed they are still out of my price range and there is no just simply wrecked up. Seems when they get wrecked up they get fubarbed. Oh well, guess i will have to wait for my second million to come in. Lol