Looking for a new SUV

boostdquest89

Well, The ol' lady flipped her Cherokee the other day and now we are looking for a new DD for her. She came out pretty good, considering (few scrapes and bruises). I am glad she is okay but thank God the kids were not with her!!! We have 3 kids so we are looking for something with 3rd row seating but she doesn't want a mini-van. Anybody have any ideas? I have 20k to spend but would rather keep it between 10k-15k. Been looking around for a few days but figured I'd see what the car guys had to input.

Oh, and if you get really board you can attach CL links from Cincinnati, Louisville or Indianapolis CL. lol

Now, on with the pics!

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/boostedquest89/IMG_20140617_060256379_zps7a8620f8.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/boostedquest89/IMG_20140617_060238429_zpsb6e5e411.jpg

Thanks guys

Chad-

Dang! Truck did it's job and yield itself to protect its occupants. Glad your wife is ok.

I'd stick with American brands when it comes to trucks and some SUV's. Lexus and Toyota SUV's are nice and safe. But you get more bang for your buck with American brands.

Glad she's ok, wow.

05+ pathfinder

Or get her get a caddy so you guys can have a set (assuming you still got the deville)

08+ caddy srx

Or if you stretch the budget a little but may be able to get an 07 escalade

highlander

4 runner

venza

Concur. There is a gem of an SUV available right now that is going largely unnoticed. The 4.7L Toyota V8 is a bullet proof motor that can be had in certain 4Runners. Find one with Bluetooth, Nav and Leather under 20k and you have an incredible bargain.

I'm not sure all the ones listed above have 3rd row seating. But I agree with what Johnny wadd said. The newer suburbans or any chevy for that matter newer than 2001 with the small LS based engines can go for almost 300,000 miles with just basic maintenance. The 2001 and older ones had an issue called piston slap. Sounds bad but it wasn't a huge issue. They still ran forever even if they started doing it. I've always liked the diesel ford excursions as well. That might be getting a little too big though for everyday use lol Edited by LSQuest88

We just put our Cherokee up for sale and also decided for third row seating in the new ride.

At first we looked at the Acadia/traverse/enclav with the bucket second row seats. But in that search we ran across an expedition with a bench middle seat.

Really liked the expedition but wanted buckets. Long story short I now have a hella car payment on a new 2013 expedition.

The Acadia however had tons of room inside but the one we drove just kind of felt cheap and the wife liked the expedition better.

The new 2015 expeditions with have the 3.7 ecoboost at or around 375hp! That is 65hp over he 5.4 Trition v8

Edited by Hoosierquest