Steering Coupler replacment U-Joint Update #7 9/27/14 4th page

BC_99

Any chance of making an extended one for D50 manual box conversions? I think it needs to be about an inch longer....obligatory "that's what she said" joke.

Probably not really an option. Sorry, but these are kind of a one time thing as far as getting the tooling done. I will ask my contact next time I order some, but I sincerely doubt it.

BC_99

Does the column need to come out because you need to press off that piece on the end?

No. The column has to come out because you can barely reach the coupler much less work on it in a complete car. It is doable in the car if there isn't an engine in the car. The current write-up explains that process pretty well. See the first couple of posts for that write-up.

BC_99

i am interested

I'm definitely interested in one of these. And if the owner of your test car wants to swap my black front fender for his red front fender, I'd be down for that too!

As I stated earlier, the interest poll was just to make sure that enough people wanted them for me to bother with it. When I am ready to start selling them, I will start another thread. They will be sold, "first come first served".

I don't know about the possibility of a fender swap, but I will tell him to PM you if he is interested.

BC_99

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely interested in one when they're available. ...

They will be available again in a couple of weeks. Please check back for updates on the other post titled "BC_99's steering coupler replacement u-joint".

BC_99

How hard of install would this be with intake manifold out? Still need to remove column?

You could try it, but I honestly think the only other way to do this with an engine in the car is to pull the brake booster and master cyl. It's just easier to drop the column.

BC_99

I'll take one

It gets really annoying when changing lanes and have to compensate for slop in steering plus I'll feel safer with my five year old enjoying the ride with me

Please refer to the other thread regarding this. The test car was as bad as they get, and now has factory tight steering. PM me for payment info when you see these for sale again in the other thread. They are first come first serve at this point.

BC_99

• 2 months later...