What did you do to your Starquest today?

Alsandr

• 2 weeks later...
Importwarrior....Yes any time u dump $$$ in to boat it counts.. :P..I try to make list of parts and order from rock auto...and pay attention to what warehouse they come from...Ive placed 3 orders this year about 200.00 bucks each time ...ordering stuff for 2 cars is getting costly ....Thanks importwarior for the heads up on that KYB strut kit...the price has already gone up 20 bucks....Pulled out 86 speedo... ( broken alt gage and water temp gage )and found out my 87 is different :( but going to get 86 one from acrosen this week. :D.Spoke to him yesterday and he said 86 car in perris ca is going to scrapper this week .. :o gonna pick up what I can... :D So/Cal SQC......... Edited by markhansenconquest

I just got home from a 3,104 mile long road trip with my white '86 Starion

how frikkin awesome is this ^ :D these are such nice cars to drive ;) i'm drivin' the helll outta mine, i don't care if it is original one owner, i'm drivin' the terd :P

...and to answer the topic question, i gave it a hug cuz i smoked a civic on the way to work :lol:

I dropped off my short block at a machine shop.in Clemmons after the first shop I left it at for a month said they were still too busy to fix it. Hopefully I will get it back 4-5 weeks. Kevin Bush, the owner is very knowledgeable on our boat anchors so I think the block is in good hands now. Washed 6 months of crud off my car and discovered a yellow jacket nest in the driver's side front fender. Could have got ugly but blasted that thing right of her then hit the little monsters with bug spray.

While I'm waiting for the motor planning to try making a US/ Euro spec gauge cluster. Had that on the back burner but have an idea how to merge the best of both.:)

Colin

Edited by carguygibby

Drove it to work Sunday with my bike up top, rode my bike home, rode my bike into work Monday, and drove it home Monday night! I think that will be my Sunday/Monday ritual....also been looking for another car/shell

Keep putting a few bucks out of each paycheck aside to finish up this massive project. Keeping up w/ my mech to finish as its been a secondary job for him that's been dragging on & on. Need to finish with the 4.22 swap into SQ rear, D2s up front, and start on intake & exhaust so we can re-fit the downpipe around the bigger T56 bell - very little clearance. Looking to route WG dump back into pipe to reduce noise. Still need bushings/clevis pin replaced on clutch pedal after ACT Xtreme wore that loose. I'm finishing with Autometer gauge wiring into stock plug, then we'll calibrate speedo & fuel level. Refreshed fuel tank going in this week after rear end. I completely rewired the ignition, fusable link blocks, alt. wires, grounds, etc. a while back when 8ga white was found to be crappy inside. Once done, only thing left later will be AC & paint.

Done: rear D2s; sway bars; strut bars; power steering all redone/replaced incl fab replace of coupler; IC remount; 3" alum. radiator & elec. fans; engine rebuild w/ new rings, bearings, mild head porting, & crank scraper; OEM Magna roller cam w/ 1.55 Magna roller rockers; T56 LT1 6 spd in w/ Hurst short shifter; Fidanza & LT1 stage 2 clutch; driveshaft, polished SHP rears w/ new 265s waiting;

Where I work in Naples FL is a block away from a Ferrari dealer & hearing these guys do test drives around the block gets me pumped! Hanging w/ those guys at 1/10th the price is a more attainable goal for now. Hanging with those guys in private jets flying overhead is to come! (insert pet rock get rich idea). I just miss my Starion. Good thing for this site every now & then for my vicarious fix.

Edited by mstieg

Yesterday actually. Bought a second '88. Now got a black SHP Quest, and new edition is '88 Starion non SHP, which I will try to bring back to original Palermo Gray from an Earl Scheib attempt at Fiji Blue

Took a few pictures of the quest, and took her for a nice cruise. Runnin' like a champ!

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/drakelehr/4D0F4C7F-6F0C-4A96-A8E2-91A8E4B1798B_zpsioid0kli.jpg

Taking picture while going 130!?? I do admit to being jealous.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9d/9d9c1586876d3487d1960b447e0b63a28bdd493270724853c8a125c825ac974b.jpg

feel like i am having a flashback.

I took the turbo manifold off to replace

the exhaust manifold gasket for the 2nd

time. the studs just keep coming lose.

hope to resolve this problem this time around.

Check for flatness? Might be a bit warped & need ground flat again. Or a stud or two need replacing? Or both!? GL

feel like i am having a flashback.

I took the turbo manifold off to replace

the exhaust manifold gasket for the 2nd

time. the studs just keep coming lose.

hope to resolve this problem this time around.

Let me guess the two back studs near the firewall? Those are always problematic. I'm in the process of changing mine to 10mm studs for added rigidity, since they have pulled out and stripped the threads. And that's after helicoiling and replacing them once before!!!

checked status of center link ordered from Dad which as usual was mailed at the speed of light. ordered ball joints. bidding on some rockford fosgate 8's for her... steam cleaned tan color carpet but too stained and torn and worn so ordered a complete set of buckskin carpet. cleaned and conditioned rear seats,

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/1853/IMG_2922.jpg

painted a panel light buckskin and uh.. didn't match... ran out of alcohol in process of removing paint from panel lol... pulled a newer vette who was revving loudly at me by half a car through 2nd gear ha... drifted her quite a distance around corner and nearly the complete block then locked em up to slow her down before reaching my parking spot at the curb... looked like a fog rolling in there was so much tire smoke... flat spotted the tires i guess cause she now rides like a log wagon again... tires are shot anyway.. starting a search for new tires.

Edited by sellerfeller