looking fuel pump not stock....??

A 255 is a little overkill for a stockish TBI car. It flows more than twice the fuel needed. Stock injectors will max out on a 100 lph pump.

it will cause over rich fuel mixture due to larger flow rate , so it don't make an ideal stock replacement , just as the man is saying

If your staying mostly stock just get a good Airtex pump.

I searched on ebay for those, the few sellers that listed have generic pictures... do they come as a direct replacement or do you have to fab hoses/connections?

yeah any clear see through filter or just plastic in the line before the pump but out of the tank ..basically sitting on the top of the tank before the pump will work .there's a more expensive wix one that people here love..but i had a rusty gas tank once and i just used the $3 dollar clear ones cause i was going through them so fast.the fuel nipples on the filter should be what??? 5/16-3/8 or so???? cant remember. but its most likely one of those,

Its ok to put it before the pump cause you don't have any fuel pressure yet.NEVER put one of these types after the pump as they will explode.

i know everyone knows that i just said it as a disclaimer type thing so no one blames me for blowing their car up..just sayin : P

Edited by G54Bstore

Yeah..he wants a filter before the pump i told him how its done.it was a mod several years ago to get rid of all the strainers and in tank sock filter..and install a filter before the pump.that way you can trace down fuel issues easier...ect.

You got strainers above your injectors a cone in a ffuel line by the pump as well.with a metal tank this old im not trusting a old tail strainers.maybe its just me Idk

good to know, I got 1 from professor quest last time .. alum no numbers thanks G54bstore is that aka BRIAN ?

yeah well won't be doing that any more.... sorry been drinking to soon?

thanks for all replys ....is there any way to regulate the pressure down or just get smaller pump ??

Adjustable fuel presure regulator. Make sure to get one that takes a boost refrence and raises rate 1 to 1

thanks for all replys ....is there any way to regulate the pressure down or just get smaller pump ??

jumping up to a good high volume pump will not give you any problems unless you go hog wild on a pump,, but the

biggest pump you can find will not realy be what you want at this stage,,

meaning if you went with the mid range bosh or the masters E8002 you would gain fuel pressure on the stock regulator

but nothing that would cause you any real fuel mix issues

most times the base pressure goes up 3-4 lbs, 40psi at base is fine