Super Shift

questsale

Of any auto makers brought this option out today, there would be alot of bewildered drivers who would not know how to work it. Let's face, with all the driving aids, drivers are bot getting any smarter.

I remember those Colts. I think Honda had a similar option for the early 80's Civic wagons.

on the other hand- new cars are coming out with 8-speed automatic transmissions and whatnot. The idea makes sense to have more gears to get better mileage and stay in the power band better.

we should have some turbo/na diesels with 8 speed transmissions- get rid of the complaints about the power dropoff at any revs above 3k

alot better for the polar bears, and the gas bill

most mewer selection levers and buttons the only thing they did was enable or disable the 5 th gear option

some older autos would bypass 1stgear and go from start off in 2'd or simply miss 2'd or 3'd gear to improve fuel economy , but none I ever ran across have any multipul gear choices as far as gear ratio options

most mower selection levers and buttons the only thing they did was enable or disable the 5 th gear option

some older autos would bypass 1stgear and go from start off in 2'd or simply miss 2'd or 3'd gear to improve fuel economy , but none I ever ran across have any multipul gear choices as far as gear ratio options

Since this is a FWD car I'm betting the lever is for a 2 speed diff.

on the other hand- new cars are coming out with 8-speed automatic transmissions and whatnot. The idea makes sense to have more gears to get better mileage and stay in the power band better.

we should have some turbo/na diesels with 8 speed transmissions- get rid of the complaints about the power dropoff at any revs above 3k

alot better for the polar bears, and the gas bill

Nope were up to 9 speeds now.